• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Help

I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
go out walking climb a hill and take a sandwich and a drink and stick your fingers up in the air when you get to the top-go feed the ducks you will be amazed how many people go to the river feed the ducks there all looking for a chit chat
 
I’m really trying not to lose my shit, but I am in so much pain. I don’t know why. I do know that I want to hurt myself as if that would make things better. It won’t; chances are it would only make things worse.

I’m guessing that anyone here has felt this way, too. Is there anything that helps when filled with despair? I know, probably exercise or deep breathing, etc, and I don’t have the energy or motivation to do these things. I need to find some way to get myself up off the floor so I can start to work on self care. How do I get out of this?
its all about getting out of your house-life is outside-go chill out at a river or lake,walk through the woods,or climb up top of a hill
 

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
Getting rid of substances: I always used the method of "sneaking out". Every day a little less,

The other things - there are only two ways: either stay home, think, suffer and you will go under.... or find the strength to walk - every day, as long as you can/like... you will see how much this changes. I go as well to the gym every morning and it helps a lot.

I made a kind of plan for every day: get up, clean the apartment, shower, gym, go shopping, make something to eat and in the afternoon or at lunch time - start to walk. When coming home I feel relieved and better.

The more often you do this, it will become a regular thing and you will feel the difference, Self harm leads nowhere, I did this even in the office - and nobody gave a shit: as long as you do your job well, who cares? Who knows even? Walking helps to reduce medication really well.

Wish you the power you need, Big hug. *grouphug2
 
we are on the same page-i get up feed my cats-tidy up-go to the bakers for rolls and make up a cheese roll then i go feed the ducks and i eat that cheese roll-i sit by the river and make random conversation with strangers-its the time of the year as well my friend-dark 4pm a long night when you are on your own-the winters get me.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
I’m sorry to be alive. We’re not supposed to talk about methods here, but I have one in mind that I could do right away. The problem though, is that I don’t have a strong chance of dying this way, and there would be legal and financial consequences if I survive. Going to try to stop thinking about this. I think I will fail but at least I’m trying.
 

Widowedvegan

Well-Known Member
I’m sorry to be alive. We’re not supposed to talk about methods here, but I have one in mind that I could do right away. The problem though, is that I don’t have a strong chance of dying this way, and there would be legal and financial consequences if I survive. Going to try to stop thinking about this. I think I will fail but at least I’m trying.
Hey there @LumberJack …
Is there something that you can do right now to get your mind off of this way of thinking?
I seem to recall that you practice Buddhism? Do you meditate? Would that help you now?
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
Hey there @LumberJack …
Is there something that you can do right now to get your mind off of this way of thinking?
I seem to recall that you practice Buddhism? Do you meditate? Would that help you now?
I can’t take time to meditate until work is over in about 4 hours. I will try that when I’m off though.
I didn’t go through with my fantasy. I think I am not strong enough to do it myself. I wish I could go to a hospital and donate my organs, like immediately. Just put me under and use me for spare parts.
 

Widowedvegan

Well-Known Member
I can’t take time to meditate until work is over in about 4 hours. I will try that when I’m off though.
I didn’t go through with my fantasy. I think I am not strong enough to do it myself. I wish I could go to a hospital and donate my organs, like immediately. Just put me under and use me for spare parts.
I am so sorry that you are in such a bad way right now…
I for one am glad that you didn’t go through with your fantasy and I am sure that there are Many other people who are glad as well…
Keep reaching out, we are here for you…
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I for one am glad that you didn’t go through with your fantasy and I am sure that there are Many other people who are glad as well…
Keep reaching out, we are here for you…
@LumberJack I'm also glad you're still alive. Not to imply it's okay or anything like that to be feeling miserable.

I hopefully believe life has changes in store for you: to peaceful and actual joy.

hug
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
I want to be dead. So, so much. I am in physical and emotional pain to the point of not wanting to exist. I’m not going to proactively exit, but I wish I could escape this pain.
Yep. I am there again. I’m not good at making anyone above me on the socioeconomic ladder happy. So I am miserable at work. There are people who care about me, but none of them are involved in whether I get a paycheck. I don’t want to be on disability or in any way a burden on those who do care. I want to end it so that I no longer have to struggle to keep body and soul together, but that would hurt all the people who I care about. It’s an extremely painful dilemma.
 

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yep. I am there again. I’m not good at making anyone above me on the socioeconomic ladder happy. So I am miserable at work. There are people who care about me, but none of them are involved in whether I get a paycheck. I don’t want to be on disability or in any way a burden on those who do care. I want to end it so that I no longer have to struggle to keep body and soul together, but that would hurt all the people who I care about. It’s an extremely painful dilemma.
Just sending hugs
 
Yep. I am there again. I’m not good at making anyone above me on the socioeconomic ladder happy. So I am miserable at work. There are people who care about me, but none of them are involved in whether I get a paycheck. I don’t want to be on disability or in any way a burden on those who do care. I want to end it so that I no longer have to struggle to keep body and soul together, but that would hurt all the people who I care about. It’s an extremely painful dilemma.
Sitting quietly beside you. I’m sorry I don’t have anything wiser to offer right now. *sadhug
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
I’m feeling less stigmatized over taking leave from work. FMLA has a provision for intermittent leave where I could still work part time and have extra days off for appointments and IOP, if that is what I need. For me right now, I think I would get more done overall to be working 3 days a week. Right now it’s very stressful trying to fit appointments with providers in with my work schedule.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top