help??

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by innocencexisxlove, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

So.. My friend he says I have a problem.. But I don't agree.. And according to his accusations, it fits here in this catagory... Idk :unsure:

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

What has he said? Do you feel you have problems with food? Give us some details. :hug:

3. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

If other people are saying it, it's probably true. Most people refuse to see a problem in themselves that's obvious to someone else looking at it from the outside. This is especially true with eating disorders. It's one of the most obvious to other people.

4. innocencexisxlove

He said he thinks I'm annorexic.. I really don't think I have a problem with food though.. I mean I DO eat when I have to.

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

If someone around you a lot thinks you're anorexic you probably are. Look what you said. You eat when you "have to". That's not a normal thought about eating. Normal is eating three meals a day and mostly enjoying it. And obviously you're quite thin or anorexia wouldn't have come up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
  6. innocencexisxlove

That's just it though. I'm not thin.

7. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Maybe you have a distorted view of how thin you are. What's your BMI?

8. innocencexisxlove

26. i'm overweight.

9. triggs

triggs Account Closed

anorexia is classed by a few things and being underweight it one of them, yes, but that doesn't rule out anorexic tendancies and the build-up to an eating disorder. many overweight people develop eating disorders and it can be just as difficult to deal with.
    a BMI of 26 is only one point above average anyway, so it may be something to do with muscle mass or water retention, and you may therefore not even be overweight.
    :hug:
    anyway, i would suggest you talk to your friend and ask him why he thinks this - what symptoms or characteristics you've been showing. eating disorders can sometimes make you blind to what you're doing and how it is unhealthy so having anothers point of view can help a lot. plus, when dealing with this sort of thing, you can shut people out pretty quickly. your friend obviously cares about you :smile: so keep him around.
    i hope things are okay hun :heart: keep strong
    triggs xx

10. innocencexisxlove

i would ask..
    but he won't talk to me now

idk. i remember him saying i don't eat
    i never eat.. which isn't true..
    i do consume food...

idk.. i'm sorry everyone.

11. triggs

triggs Account Closed

don't be sorry hun :hug: we're here to help :smile:

i'm sorry your friend won't talk to you.. do you know why? is it because of this?
    perhaps write a food diary to log how much/little you're eating?.. then you could look at how to change it. eating just when you have to isn't the best idea, you should be eating at regular intervals so your body doesn't go into starvation mode or screw up your metabolism - because both make you put on weight anyway.
    keep strong hun :heart: triggs xx

12. innocencexisxlove

i don't know.. i really think i'm okay.
    and idk why he won't talk to me

13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Eat on regular basis hun, otherwise your body will get hurt. No matter your current weight, it will damage you and maybe, if you continue, you might become anorexic for real. That happened to me... Please eat! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.