Hempfest '07 Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

leptoon

hempfest.org

"Seattle Hempfest 2007 is on! The event will take place August 18-19, 2007 in Myrtle Edwards Park, the location of every Hempfest since 1995.

Hempfest is a cannabis policy reform event that is distinctly innovative in its attitudes and approach. For example we're peaceniks, but after our event is over each year our American flags are folded in the traditional manner out of a love of our country and a respect for those who protect her. At Hempfest we don't see the police as our enemy at all, but rather as our brave public servants who happen to be working for a broken government.

Seattle Hempfest advocates drug, alcohol and marijuana abuse prevention education in schools, but only if it is accurate and based upon science, not fear and exaggeration. We believe that it is time for the cannabis culture to adopt a higher degree of health and safety consciousness, and Seattle Hempfest is going to great lengths to promote awareness through education and outreach.

Have you heard about the unmotivated, deadbeat pot smokers? The ones who spend all their time sitting around all hazed out and in a pot induced fog? Well those people are not us. We are otherwise law abiding, self motivated, productive Americans from all walks of life and class divisions who either responsibly use marijuana for medical, spiritual or recreational purposes, or who support those Americans that do.

We demand domestic industrial hemp production, safe access for legitimate patients, and the freedom for responsible adults to choose marijuana recreationally. Cannabis has been proven to be far safer than alcohol or tobacco. Harmless? No. Safer? Yes."

Does anyone live around Seattle and is planing to go to Hempfest?

Jenny:[

:yuk: oh, how i miss rollin a blunt, then packing the bong. i used to go through a QP like nothing...
Truth is, it made me a different person. It made me stupid. I was super intelligent, and then got depressed and turned to drugs. It wasn't one of my best choices, i'll tell you that.
As with quitting cigarettes a year ago, i also stopped smokin weed. I went to college, did extremely well, and i'm generally more focused!
I did this all with the help of my wonderful bf, who i couldn't thank enough.
Maybe you should all take some time to reevaluate who you want to be as well.

S
Jenny, with all due respect, that's you. Your life is not the same as everyone else's. While some of us don't benefit from drug use, there are others who do benefit from responsible usage. Try to respect others' lifestyles regardless of your personal experiences.

I understand your intentions, leptoon. I've been an advocate of harm-reduction education for many years. I support the decriminalization of marijuana, and would actually prefer it be available in medicinal (oral tablet) form. There are no harmful effects on the lungs (obviously) when it's consumed as a tablet.

I doubt you'll get much of a great response for the event on this forum, but I recommend posting your link on Bluelight Forums (it may have already been posted there) if you're looking for real feedback. I live on the east coast, so it's a bit too far away for me to attend.

~Nobody~

Leptoon, that sounds like a fantastic idea and a fantastic event. If I was the right side of the pond I'd certainly join you! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00