Hey everyone, again. (Relapsed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley Z.

π–‡π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–‹π–—π–Šπ–Š
Hi guys,

I guess I'm back again. I was introduced to this website around 3 or so years ago by my roommate, Luoma. She was on here for a while.
I kind of got out of my depression and started to live a better life.

Currently, I have a girlfriend. A cat and a dog. A house with a roof. I'm in university at the moment, 22 years old, majoring in psychology (hated my first degree, so I switched). I like fishing, hiking in the woods, and painting.

But everything is falling apart. I guess we all know that no amaount of "good" things in life can stop the thoughts. Got suicidal again, now I'm back here. Out of everything, it's nice that this place is still here. It's a blanket of security in a world of uncertainty.
Anyways, good to see everyone and everything again. I hope you all have a good weekend.

I'm sorry that things aren't better but I'm glad that you're back.

So it sounds like maybe getting some external things made you feel better for a while, but they weren't enough.

Do you know what the root cause of your depression is?

Riley Z.

π–‡π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–‹π–—π–Šπ–Š
I'm sorry that things aren't better but I'm glad that you're back.

So it sounds like maybe getting some external things made you feel better for a while, but they weren't enough.

Do you know what the root cause of your depression is?
I think so.

Mostly existential dread, that type of thing. My degree is pretty worthless and I have an awful GPA so I can't do post-grad stuff. Bad self image, a few relationship troubles. The biggest is the stressing over my university degree and the future. Though times are uncertain for many of us, it seems.

KindaOtiose

Hi. Welcome back to the forums @Riley Z. I'm sorry things have started to get worse for you. Have you ever sought treatment before? There are plenty of treatment options from therapy to medication. Maybe these could help. Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Nice to see you back though I am sorry that you have relapsed. When you have conditions like depression, you can relapse from time to time so don't beat yourself up too much. Hopefully we can get through it together x

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there and welcome back to the forum @Riley Z.

Sorry you're having a low moment in your life again but as you said its great that this forum is still here for all of us, you put it perfectly, ''a blanket of security''.

I hope things improve for you and there's loads of people on here that will be able to relate to you in one way or another.

*hug x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00