Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Claws, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claws

Claws Active Member

I went to doctors finaLly got the courage, was a few months back but completely forgot about this site for help

I got toLD I Had depression, got given antidepressants. Told the doc I can't swallow them and he said 'u swallow food don't u' anyways next morning I try it and can't swallow it. It dissolves in my mouth and haven't taken them again/or been to doctors since. I feel he was unhelpful and I am getting worse y the day and feeling more suicidal. I don't want to go back as I am scared
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You need to call up make a new appt and tell them tried - cannot swallow them and that you need something different. I know it has been very scary and difficult for you to get up the courage to get even this far so if that is too much get in touch with http://www.mind.org.uk/ - they are mental health advocates in the UK with many different offices that may be able to help you get the help you need and want but that the system is not getting for you yet....

Take Care and Be Safe

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hi Claws. :)

That was a shitty thing of your doctor to say. The fact is, several anti-depressants are available in liquid form for people with the exact same troubles with swallowing the capsules. You could also request to see a different doctor. Some general practitioners just aren't helpful at all when it comes to any form of mood disorder or mental illness.

4. Claws

Claws Active Member

Thank you for your replies, I am grateful. I would like to go back, to try anyway but it's even harder as I (think) suffer from agoraphobia. I need to sort my life out though :( stuck
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Seems like you need to see another doctor, because that one sounds unprofessional and rude. You need to see someone who is more compassionate and takes your concerns seriously. I know it's not easy to get help, but I hope that you can find the courage to do it.
  6. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

There are lots of other meds to try. Through trial and error, hopefully you will find one that will work for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.