Horribly Happy Dreams?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Alsadan, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alsadan

Alsadan Member

Was wondering if anyone else was having something similar. I'm having these really, really, happy dreams. I hate it.

I'd advise not reading on if your going through the same as this may trigger you.

These dreams all take place in the same location, somewhere fictional, just a small beautiful country town. It has your usual stuff; restaurants, shops, and a water-park of sorts. In this dream world I'm financially secure. I'm not rich, I'm not poor. I'm just okay. I'm in a loving relationship with a beautiful woman. I get along with my family. I have a job that isn't too demanding, I love, and gives me enough time to pursue other activities. I'm not socially awkward. It's almost like I'm literally dreaming my... well... Dreams. The perfect life. I'm having this dream at least 3 times a week.

And it's sick. I hate it. I wake up and immediately break down into tears. Waking up in peace and feeling content for the first time in ages, before the sudden sharp realization hits that it was all in your head. It seems to be just another side-effect of this crippling illness.

Anyone else had anything like this before?
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Yes I have had this - dreaming about something I really really want and waking up to find it is not real. I understand that this can be easily as bad as nightmares and the pain of it somehow seems to last longer. I am sorry this is happening to you and I am sorry I have nothing more useful to you than empathy :hug:
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I hate having dreams like that! It just hurts because it seems like it's never attainable for me. Sorry that you are having upsetting dreams, I hope you can have more peaceful dreams soon.
  4. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

i've been having this dream, or should i say situation in a dream, more often lately. I've had it a few times in the past, but lately it's been becoming more frequent. In some situation or other, a nice, attractive woman wants to kiss me or hug me. She comes toward me and reaches out, and right before she touches me i wake up.

Yeah i'd have to say it sucks.
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Dreammoods.com: "To dream that something or someone is perfect represents your unrealistic expectations and idealistic notions."

Here's a tip to coping with these perfect types of dreams. Think this way: be thankful that you woke up before

1) you realize your beautiful girlfriend has five kids by three different men, becomes argumentative, uncompromising and lazy, she won't work, won't cook, won't clean and won't take care of her kids while she goes fashion shopping and doing beauty maintenance all day with your money and another man who she's dumping you for;

2) the perfect job you have with the perfect company becomes obsolete, taking all of your savings with it, you realize it was Enron;

3) you end up living under a bridge on a cardboard mat and the guy next to you stole your shoes, phone, money and pants;

4) your social awkwardness returns with a vengeance to leave you pantsless and crying with a pacifier between your lips in front of a crowd of pretty, nice women at an important venue; and

5) your family shuns you for sucking a pacifier pantless under a bridge on a cardboard mat that smells like diesel fuel and skunk urine after your promiscuous lover left you and your job went up in flames.

Keep those in mind whenever you think of what a perfect life to you is. There's always more to the oo-so-green grass on the other side. Perfection destroyed. You're welcome. :)

I hope this helps your recurring dreams to eventually back off as your own ideas of a perfect life do as well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Speke

Speke Member

It's either this or nightmares, but I've grown to appreciate them. Times that I'm not feeling my best, the escape, even if it isn't real and changes nothing, is enough to keep me mystified for a while.

It's definitely bittersweet. Experiencing your idealized day, or even a moment, feels nice at the time but you simultaneously realize its improbability. Some of my dreams have just been going back in time to a point before something happened, how we all wish we could, to entertain the "what if" and right what you felt went wrong. Dreams where I could keep something I lost and be my "true" self ... ugh, it is frustrating.

I have trouble remembering I'm a person, so if you feel the same way, embrace these dreams. If you aren't dreaming or wishing for something better, you'll never move past the point you're at. Fear and desire are potentially distressing motivators.
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I dont dream anymore. Unless you are talking about daydreams
  8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I can go months dreaming about the exact same thing every night waking up lonelier with each day. Coping with nightmares is a lot easier. Thankfully not dreaming so much right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.