how can i restore some feeling?. any at all?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emily83, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i'm not sure what to do right now.

i'm at a total standstill.... not sure what i want to do, where i want to be, even if i want to live/ die.... i don't know.

what do you do when you just feel nothing- you just sit their watching time go by and don't even feel any emotion (guilt or anything) for a wasted life
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am not sure how old you are but I based on past posts of life situation I am guessing 20 something. If I am very wrong I apologize. The point is however that is a very very young age to declare a wasted life. So far as being a standstill - I will refer back to 8th grade science and Newtons Law of motion - summarized as follows:

First law: When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either is at rest or moves at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

Second law: The acceleration of a body is directly proportional to, and in the same direction as, the net force acting on the body, and inversely proportional to its mass. Thus, F = ma, where F is the net force acting on the object, m is the mass of the object and a is the acceleration of the object.

Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.

to clarify for people and life as well as inanimate things

1. everything is moving or still - that includes people. Nothing starts to move until energy or force is applied

2. you will begin to move exactly as fast and things will change in the direction you put in energy and with the same speed as the energy you put into making it change

3. Every time you push against a barrier resistance is inevitable. It will always happen so expect it to be hard and to push back so it will not surprise you and you wont feel the urge to give up and stop moving forward so intensely
  3. emily83

thanks for the reply, any reply means something.

only thing keeping me going at the moment is this forum- so thanks for being here guys
  4. LexiRN

LexiRN Active Member

I am 33 and feel the same way, only I have two beautiful children and a great husband, but I still feel like life is passing me by, like I am wasted a perfectly good life, which I am. Just wanted you to know that someone else is out there, listening.
  5. emily83

thanks for your reply..

it is nice to know that i'm not alone in this- especially as sometimes, that's how i feel... i feel like 1 single person just floating on the ocean.

i feel guilty sometimes too- i've been given a life, and i know i should be doing more.

but nothing ever fits in to place... and it's so hard
  6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I relate to your feelings more than I can say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.