How did you talk to your doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraRose

I would like to get my moods smoothed out a little, because it's more tiring going through ups and downs. Like where right now I feel great. Like my life has meaning and that I can be the awesome me!

But I know come a week and I'll be back to sleeping all the time and wanting to get the valium from my parent's house.

I don't care what he does- weither it be meds or a different doctor or anything at all. But I just can't think of how to bring it up. I have no reason for an appointment except for this. :/

So I know call and ask to make an appointment for the doctor. But do I just blurt it out to the person who makes appointments? She usually wants to know the reason for the appointment, which I get some problems may need more time then others. Do I just say "I'm depressed and need to talk to him" Cuz if so- erg, I'm not wanting to say that...

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Is this a general practitioner or family doctor that you are wanting to speak to? Maybe you can say that your mood is not as stable as you would like it to be, and you are having a tough time sleeping, etc. I guess just enough to get the main point across. Just an idea, though, and I'm no expert with this.. Far from that! The doctor will ask you questions, or you'll have to fill something out if it's a psychiatrist etc. But I think you know that! Bah, I am rambling. Anyways, good luck with this, Sara.

SaraRose

Yeah it's like the normal doctor I've had for a while. He's really good, listens to what you want to say and doesn't judge. But still my whole nervousness takes over when I try to talk to him about it...

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Oh, I see! I have a family doctor.. saw him when I reached out for help. Was great as well. I can understand nervousness. I'm like that sometimes. Maybe you can work on how much you're willing to say to the person who schedules appointments and makes notes for the doctor... to set a limit and have something to read/look at while making the appointment. Just a thought, as it's what I would do! =)

SaraRose

I will. It'll hafta wait till next week sometime cuz I try to make appointments on my days off so if I get delayed for something then I don't hafta stress over work...

Chargette

I'm glad you are doing this for yourself. It makes a big difference to be pro-active in the solutions to meet personal needs. :hug:

so i gotta post 20 times to be considered a person or whatever. postin'

talked to him like a straight bitch and got nothing sorted out. he told me to stop smoking weed. i was like yeah ok and i didnt stop but he didnt give me any antidepressents to whatever

Slothbear

The person over the phone just asks what it's regarding so they get an idea of how long of a time slot to put in. If you don't feel like giving details to the receptionist just say something like 'oh it's kind of a personal issue but shouldn't take longer than 20 mins or so' then they should be fine with that. Or if you'd rather deal with a psychiatrist you can just say it's for a referral and and then ask your doctor for a referral to a psychiatrist.

so i gotta post 20 times to be considered a person or whatever. postin'

talked to him like a straight bitch and got nothing sorted out. he told me to stop smoking weed. i was like yeah ok and i didnt stop but he didnt give me any antidepressents to whatever
You need to stop smoking weed before you get on meds - the two don't mix and antidepressents plus drugs can have very negative effects....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00