How do you cope with selfhate?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lifeless84, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

I can't say, if my self-hate is a source of all other problems I have, or the reason. The fact is, I literally hate myself. And how can you expect anyone to love or respect you, if you don't love and respect yourself. How did you deal or are dealing with self-hate? How can you start respecting and loving yourself, when you are one big failure. When you fail at everything you do. I know net is full of sites saying how, but they are not very helpful. I'd like to hear advices from people who has been through this and know what I mean

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you focus on something other then the pain or you get therapy to help you deal with the self hatred
    myself i keep busy so busy i have no time to reflect on the anger and pain inside me
    You volunteer help others in a way doing that it helps you as well in that you see you are not a failure and you gain respect for yourself
    either you face it and get help to heal from it all or you find something that will bring you a way out of the pain and hatred for youself hope that make sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.