how do you get the feeling to go away?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anoriginalthought, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you talk to a therapist my t always manages to decrease sadness some
    take medication talk to your doc about that
    best way is both therapy and meds together.
    but talk to someone ok it does help

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

An analogy was explained to me once that made sense in a lot of ways - it compared a persons mind / emotions with a jar filled with water. It cannot be emptied without something else to fill it- even if it is just air - think like a soda bottle - if you pour it upside down every drop that comes out is a bubble of air going in. When we dwell on something to the point that there is nothing else around us or in our thoughts, you cannot lose those thoughts because there is nothing else going in to replace it. Also , no matter how much else good we see around us , it cannot get in without pouring out some of what is already there.

To make feelings or thoughts go away you need to have something else to take their place - and even if you want something else instead until you manage to lose some of them there is no room for them. The therapy and meds wil help you lose some of the bad feelings and thoughts. But even if you do that, until you find something else to put there (therapy can help with that but meds cannot) they will always come back. Get the therapy and meds , but do not forget to make a change in your life as you do or there is still nothing better to replace them with. Changes do not need to be huge things, but they have to be something different than the way you got to this point to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.