How do you know if you're anorexic..?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Joshy, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

I'm almost 19, I'm 5 feet 8 inches, and I'm 96 lbs. My BMI is 14.6
    I have hyperthyroidism and I'm not taking my Levothyroxine 50 MCG like I should.
    I have hypertension and severe anxiety I started taking Carvedilol 3.125 MG twice a day.

My ribs and body always hurts and aches. I sleep over 8 hours in the morning to noon. (Fall asleep at 6AM or later, and wake up around 4 PM)
    I do think I'm a very picky eater, I like hot dogs, ramen, taco bell, pizza hut, jimmy johns, any cheeseburgers, and all sushi. Everything else I usually avoid eating for example if someone made chicken, or steak, or any vegetables like corn , carrots, broccoli, etc, I avoid all that because I hate the consistency and taste of them.

I play video games when I wake up. For over 10 hours usually.

I don't drink or smoke.

I have a girlfriend with a decreased sex life (about once a week or once every two weeks.)
    I'm not depressed, I'm just easily stressed about a lot of stuff that I KNOW I need to get done but I don't have the courage or energy to get done for example my license I still don't have, I don't have a job, and I'm a drop out of highschool. I need to get my constitution test done so I can get my GED and go into music production because that is what I'm really into.

I faint, blackout, and get very sick when I see even a drop or two of my own blood. Anyone elses blood doesn't bother me.
    I'm not scared of the needle, I think it's just my body sense when blood is being taken and I feel like my body is like a water balloon, losing all that water makes it an empty balloon. That's usually what makes me scared and faint.

At the moment of writing this I am trying to eat 3 hot dogs with a big cup of water to try and push my weight back up because I feel like my body is too underweight. It's starting to scare me now.

I think I'm Anorexic but I don't vomit after meals and I don't think I'm fat, I think I'm a skeleton.

I'm lactose intolerant.

Can anyone help me gain weight or should I tell my doctor about this, or should I see someone about this? Who should I talk to to help me with this? It's really worrying me now because I can see my ribs and bones so easily.. :'(

2. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

Hi there... I would say you definitely have some kind of eating disorder, given your height and weight alone (if there's no medical reason for it) -- seeing a doctor would be a good start. Maybe a nutritionist too. Good luck to you :)

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

ya a doctor is only one that can say for sure what you have but you do need medical help get back on your thyroid medication and get some help to get you more healthy

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. Have you been to a good endrocrinologist to evaluate the entire endocrine system? And also a good doctor and possibly a pdoc? To figure out whats going on. I do not know if you have an eating disorder. But something sure is going on. And you deserve to know just what it is so you can get help with it. Sounds like you really care. So thats a great start. I hope you will find the right docctor to help you to balance that body and mind of yours. Because you seem like a great person. And we all deserve to know just whats going on. Keep going until you get the right diagnosises. Even if you have to go to many doctors. Dont stop until all symptoms are diagnosed. Because you deserve no less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.