How to get my period back?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Crying All Time, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

I'm devastated. :depressed: Do you know any way that can help get your period back? I heard about some tea, and alternative medicine, but I am not sure what to try. Do you have any advice?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Go to a physician...this may be a symptom of many conditions and you need to take care of this...hope you are well and that you care for yourself...J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your doctor will have to run test and see what has cause your menstral cycle to stop Could be so many reasons so you have to find out why then treat it accordingly with antibiotic hormones etc Go to doctor okay and you will get the help you need:hugtackles:

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Based on the fact that you're posting in the eating disorder section, I'm guessing you lost it due to extreme weight loss. Have you tried reversing that? What's your approximate body fat?

5. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

Hello guys, thank you for your answers.
    I went to gynecologist, and run some hormone tests, they were fine except for FSH and LH, their levels were higher than normal. And now my gynecologist wants me to go to endocrinologist, I am going there as soon as possible.
    I haven't lost many pounds. My BMI is round 18.

6. total eclipse

glad you are taken time to look after you way to go

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So glad you are taking care of yourself...I feel much better now...J

8. depressedkitty

depressedkitty Active Member

Thats like me I only had two periods this year which the latest one only lasted like 2 days and a tiny flow. However I remembered when I got up to 57/58kg my period went back to normal then I lost weight and went down to the low 50's (50-54kg) it won't come back. I am scared I may have to put on weight for it to return to normal. But I don't want kids anyway so maybe it doesn't matter???

What are the long term effects of not having periods??

9. total eclipse

I don't think there is any long term effects i am not sure though people on the pill don't have period for years as well as people who take the needle to stop menstrating. It would be good for you though as well to talk to your GP and get some professional help okay. take care

10. depressedkitty

depressedkitty Active Member

hmmm very true I probably better go to the doctor and get checked out but I am scared of pap smears and what not.........what to do.....X_X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.