How to tell him?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by The Depressed Puppy, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

One of my cousin,whom has been diagnosed with Bipolar after he attempted suicide, when he was 15 or 16.

He is older than me by a few years,& I'm not that close to him. But he's the only one who has been were I am right now. I haven't talked to him lately, for a few years.But I am terrified to tell someone.

I don't really know how to talk about it with him. Any tips?

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

perhaps the first step is to start conversing with him again. Then, when you feel it is right, perhaps give him a small amount of info. See how he responds. But I might think that the first step is to begin to talk with him again. Get a sense of how safe it is to talk with him about yourself. of course I may be all wrong about this. But its what I might do in similar situation. Wishing you very best !

3. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

I don't think he would tell anyone, unless he was worried I was going to hurt myself.He actually just went a treatment center, this summer. So, he still deals with it a lot. He seem to be really interested/knows a lot about Animals, & I am the same way. So If i don't chicken out, I will probably start a topic on our pets,lol, stupid,way to start a convo. but it will work.He really seems to be a sweet guy, so yea.

I saw on christmas, night & hopefully will see him again before i leave.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I hope it goes really well. Will be looking forward to reading about his response. I am glad you have someone in your life who will understand... because of his own personal experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.