how to tell les that he triggers me?

he's the guy i see every thursday- and i hate him.... he always says things that trigger me and i really don't look forward to our time together, even though i know he's only trying to help

how do i tell him that he triggers me?. i can't just say that... ideas- i see him tomorrow and it's really freaking me out!

aoeu

I am not kidding you. If anyone has a better idea they can post it, but pretty much you have to either tell him directly or avoid him forever as far as I can tell.

is he your therapist? sorry, not clear from your post
if he is he will be very familiar with the problem of triggers. he will understand and work to avoid this. i often get triggered in therapy. we talk it through each and every time. often she can tell by my breathing or body language.
you could always print out this thread and take it with you next time.

IV2010

need more info on Les to answer properly...but assertively telling him how you feel is ok to do..
otherwise dont' see him at all..
if he's your therapist and you hate him you really need to find another therapist asap.

is he your therapist? sorry, not clear from your post
if he is he will be very familiar with the problem of triggers. he will understand and work to avoid this. i often get triggered in therapy. we talk it through each and every time. often she can tell by my breathing or body language.
you could always print out this thread and take it with you next time.

what a cool idea... and yeah, he's my therapist

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00