I’m a grown man who still has a teddy bear

Livelife

SF Supporter
I had a roomful of stuffed animals and my favorite 2 small musical turtles I got at age 6 (named Tommy and Tammy) survived until I was in my forties. Oh, I didn't throw away the remains of my favorite baby blanket until in my 20's when it had deteriorated to virtual nothingness. You do you. It's not a creepy situation. I was not a teddy bear girl but I still keep 3 of them that were my mother's and they reside on the guest bed. Or should I say their bed?

Last edited:

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I love teddy bears. Am an old lady and have collected them for years. Have even made a few. I go on vacations with them. And, yes, I sleep with my favorite. Once in a while I sleep with a different one, but my favorite always has to give his permission. Nothing wrong with sleeping with teddy bears. They bring a lot of comfort.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I love teddy bears. Am an old lady and have collected them for years. Have even made a few. I go on vacations with them. And, yes, I sleep with my favorite. Once in a while I sleep with a different one, but my favorite always has to give his permission. Nothing wrong with sleeping with teddy bears. They bring a lot of comfort.
Naturally you love teddy bears, you are a bear and not a silly one, and Rudi is a fine looking Oso. And so is Sebastian @Dead~boy :) Keep the kid at heart and inner kid. Some simple fun things are good to have in life.

Hope no one has judged you for having something you view as safe and sacred. It's important to have at least one thing that makes you feel safe in your life. I think about mementos as little nuggets of history. from a borrowing a shirt to being gifted a watch, I cannot help but think of the people in my life who have gifted me/ reminded me of them. Seeing someone in a plushie is sweet because you think of them and I think that is enough. Losing someone is hard no one should blame you for that.

Jwjba

I think that stuffed animals are one of the best things that could bring you comfort, especially ones that are connected to things that are important and hold emotional value for you
I have a big soft spot for stuffed animals and got ridiculed a lot for this, especially with the stigma about it in my country. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about what brings you comfort and joy, i think cuddling with a plushie is the manliest thing ever, and i will stand with it

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00