I am diagnosed with Schizoid PD

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Øyvind, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

But I don't indentify with it for this reason: I crave friendship. SPD is about (among several other traits) not beinginterested in other people, friendship, relationships etc. I am. I am a lonely man and I wish I had friends. But not friends who go to nightclubs, party, have sex with strangers etc. Not only am I not interested in that, I am repulsed by it and find it very much immoral. I want real friends, real people, good people to be with. And that's it folks, I've already run out of writing fuel!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Oyvind nice people here to talk to hun welcome to sf
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Have you considered joining clubs or special interest groups? Perhaps you could do volunteering, or join a singles group through a local church?
  4. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Hi total eclipse and thank you! I did however giggle a bit at "welcome to sf" considering I joined in 2006. Good year, 2006. As the reply from whoever picks something with Austin, I'm not religious, so church groups probably aren't for me. Singles groups would be way too awkward for me. Because of my cosial anxiety, I probably would stay pretty quiet at clubs or interest groups, so I don't think I'm that appealing to other people for anything.
  5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

online forums for your interests.
    might find people close to you or maybe not. but it's a start?

similar situation here. whenever i wanted to make a friend or whatever, didn't even know where to go
  6. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Do you have in your area your local mind centre you can visit or your local rethink? If not go to your local library and see whats going on your local community they may have a folder of groups and activities you can join to help you.
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I do not know if they have these were you live, but many years ago I would join local self help groups. For me it was ACOA, CODA, Al-Anon. The bonds I formed at two of those groups was pretty great. Although it was decades ago I still remember how great it was.

Perhaps you do have some local self help groups that you might be interested in. Also, perhaps you might think of sometning that you are interested in the most. and find a place where you can volunteer your time. Sometimes its a great way to meet people and form healthy bonds. I volunteered at the local arts council where I live. It was many decades ago. I did become part of a close knit group through that, meeting so many great people with whom I spent time. Of course you may not be drawn to my suggestions. But I am hoping that you can find, in your area a social interation group that appeals to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.