I can't believe it's been so long...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Today marks 20 years since my grandmother passed away....I can't believe it's already been that long that she's been gone. My grandma was a wonderful person, and lots of people remember her fondly, especially me. She is one of the few people in my entire life I felt really understood and supported me. I miss her all the time and wish she was still here. She taught me so much about life and how to be a good and kind person. I've really been having a rough time lately and this realization is making me more depressed. Things would be much easier for me if she was still here, but I know she wouldn't want me to give up either. So I have to try and stay strong and fight through this, because I know she would want it that way. In some ways she might be looking out for me, so I don't want to disappoint her.
  2. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

I had a grandmother like that, she passed on nearly 18 years ago... It's amazing how time flies. It's also amazing how clear yr memory can be of someone after so much time when a lot of other stuff has gone. I think she'd be very proud of her grand daughter. :) :hug:
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't think she would be proud of me, but thank you for being supportive and being here for me. It means so much, especially since most people seem to care less about me lately. :hug:
  4. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

You won't disapoint her :) You're too awesome for that. I know you can fight through it, and she'll be right there with you to help you out :)
  5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Now I know where you learnt all that concern and kindness. It so good that you are giving to others what she gave to you.