I can't cope with the death of my dad.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Breathing Easy, May 28, 2013.

1. Breathing Easy

Breathing Easy New Member

I really can't cope with the loss of my father. He passed on 11 September 2013. I'm only 13 so it's really hit me hard. Please help, I hate my life. I also have Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun so hard i understand the sadness of losing you dad grieving that loss hun should not be done alone. Have you someone a councilor to talk to about how you are feeling. A teacher or councilor at you school hun they can help you . Talk to your mother or aunts or uncles someone ok don't hold the sadness in hugs
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Shannon...you have experienced so many losses at such a young age...is there anyone you can talk to? I know how it feels to feel like one is under a devastating cloud, and I am coming out only because of support...please consider talking to someone...i am sure that in the CF Foundation there are ppl you can talk to...and please continue to post as there are ppl here who truly care
  4. Pertokeyo

Pertokeyo Banned Member

I experienced such a loss on the female side just one year older than you are. I couldn't believe it, and because I was ignorant and overconfident, I still didn't believe it until three years later when I left school. It's so important to gently but effectively find comfort from as many people as you can, and use all those positive memories and lessons you have learned from your father to continue giving wonderful things to the world.
  5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

CF, I only know all too well about,after an experience with a friend in school, so I know nothing I say about that will equal anything of real value, so just know I wish you well and give you this encouragement: "Go, you big red fire engine!" (somewhere might know what I mean by that).

Still, I will not even try and attempt to say anything about your dad, since you alone knows your relationship with him, but at least you should know that how you are feeling now is a part of grief and comes to everyone when death occurs to someone a person knows and with the passage of time, the pain you feel, which is necessary, does pass, so long as you keep your sights set on tomorrow.
  6. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I too lost my Father, though i was 17. Please.. Please.. Just don't hold it in. Cry when you're sad, laugh when happy, yell when angry. Don't be "strong" for your family, or anyone else. Let them help you. Death is an inevitable part of life, but you will survive.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Breathing Easy. You're dealing with a lot. I'm sorry you have lost your dad and that you are not well. Know that we're thinking of you here. Keep posting - talking often helps. :hug: