I don't know what this is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am depressed and I know that I have other problems but recently I've been having weird episodes of confusion. It reminds me a lot of if you wake up suddenly from a deep sleep and your mind isn't awake yet. I get random episodes like that over the last few months. Its kind of like my brain goes fuzzy for a bit and I loose my train of thought and I feel very confused like I just woke up or like I just switched and I am not the same person I was a few minutes ago.

A part of me is concerned about it but the other much stronger part of me wants to drink and forget it. I mean the worst that can happen is I die right?

Does anyone know what this might be?

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Brain fog? I get it now and then but its a concerning symptom if its happening more often to talk to the psych doc about to make sure nothing more serious is happening. I always have called it a brain fog but someone else could have a better definition/word for it

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Do you drink a lot? If so, that could be causing it. Other than that it could be a side effect from a medication maybe? It sounds a bit like vertigo but I'm not a doctor so please get it checked out to be safe and sound.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Could be several things. You really should have that checked out though. Are you phobic of the Drs? Could be a psych issue or a medical issue either one but both are cause for concern, not alcohol ;)

Not on meds. I do drink. I went to the dr's and they kinda brushed it off b/c I went in also with a complaint of depression. He said that he didn't know what that was but here are some anti-depressants. I'll try to go to a different doc or something. just wanted to know if anyone on here had any ideas.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah, that's not really that promising. You should get another opinion on that, I think.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Good to see you're still hanging around here.
So what did the Dr tell you when you went?

If you want to keep drinking, you have to eat well. I believe it's caused by your brain starving.
Good to see you're still hanging around here.
So what did the Dr tell you when you went?
On that note I went to another doctor. I went to a regular doctor that said it could be a number of things and could definitly be a number of things happening at once. Dehydration was a big thing it could be. Lack of sleep and on occasion having really high blood pressure spikes could also do it. Being dehydrated without a whole lot of sleep and being under stress while not being heart healthy could cause it.

Silverpuddle

Some kind of geek
SF Author
SF Supporter
When you say "you just switched" does that mean you have DID or another dissociative disorder? I have dissociative problems, and when I felt something similar to what you're experiencing they called it depersonalization. It's a dissociative problem where you feel like your life is somehow happening to someone else. I found that going to sleep for a while fixed it. They also upped my Abilify levels, and that seemed to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00