I don't know what's wrong with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so before I explain to you what I don't know what is wrong with me, I will tell you what I do know. I have severe depression, I'm suicidal, I cut, I'm bipolor, I have ADHD and I get headaches all the time. I also have really bad scoliosis but that has nothing to do with my brain like most the others.

So anyways, EVERYTHING bothers me. Literally everything. Every noise and every movement bothers me. Noises such as chewing gum, eating chips, tapping fingers or a writing utensil on a desk, singing, sniffling and feet dragging on the floor as someone walks. When I am trying to listen to music, talk on the phone, or watch TV and I can hear someone else talking, listening to music, or watching TV, I cannot handle it. Some examples of movements that bother me are when people are sitting down and they repeatedly move their leg or feet, I can't stand watching someone bite their nails and even flashy pop-up adds on my laptop annoy me. And all of those are just some examples and they bother me to the greatest extent, I'm not just a little annoyed by them. I am so annoyed that sometimes in class all I can do to keep from killing everyone is lay my head on my desk, close my eyes and plug my ears. But I can't always do that. I am increasingly getting more and more bothered by everything. I used to be able to deal with it but I can't anymore. It's getting to the point where I want to kill myself so badly because I cannot live the rest of my life like this, it is so unbearable.

I have gone to three different psychiatrists and none of them have a clue what is wrong with me. I was just wondering if any of you have ever known anyone who was like this or know if there is a word for it or anything.

tweetypie

Antiquities Friend
hi :) i think what you are experiencing is hyperacusis. It is an extreme sensitivity to sounds and can occur with certain sounds that would be ordinarily annoying in everydaylife anyway or every single sound. There has also been some breakthrough treatments with anti psychotic medications (even though its not a psychotic condition itself) but has been proven to calm the stress and anxiety and the condition itself.I believe there is also a link between certain ssri medications as a possible cause for this condition.
I really hope you can get some help with this !
much love sarah

Thank you so much, Sarah! I read a whole article on Wikepedia and I'm almost sure that I have that. :) I talked to my mom about it as well and she agrees with me. But that only explains my annoyance to noises, not movements. I'm not sure if movements would be Hyperacusis as well?

I also learned that Beethoven had Hyperacusis. Thank you so much for your help.

I have gone through stages where I am very sensitive to noise (actually light and touch as well).

For me, it can be quite debilitating, although it also goes away with time.

Sounds like your having bad time of it right now.

I don't know how to fix these types of problems but for what it's worth, your not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00