I don't know..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by brittini, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brittini

brittini Well-Known Member

In the past I've been diagnosed with a panic and anxiety disorder. That was about six or seven years ago though. My family and I don't have insurance and I'm not able to go to any doctor to see what's wrong with me. From reading all into different disorders, I know I have something else other than my panic/anxiety disorder I'm just not 100% sure what. I'm thinking I'm bipolar. I'm extremely happy then for no reason, I get reeeeeally pissed off, even at the smallest things like if my sister shuts her door.. just the sound of her door closing pisses me off. Or hearing my parents talking pisses me off. Then other times I feel like I'm on Cloud 9 even when nothing good nor bad has happened. I often have really dark thoughts about killing myself and think of a lot of different ways of doing it. I feel like driving off of a really high bridge everytime I'm in the car with someone and we're driving on a bridge. Things are pretty rough here at home but it's only because of money problems, we're really poor (I hate to admit). Things are very stressful here at my house plus I'm constantly thinking about loads of various things which I'm not even gonna begin to get into (it would be too much). Does anyone know what would be wrong with me? Or at least a way I could get meds without having to have a perscription from a doctor? I know I need help and I really want help because I wanna get going with my life and have fun. I'm sick and tired of feeling this way (I've been feeling like this for a few years).

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that things are so tough for you right now.

No one here can diagnose you and you should only ever get the medication you might potentially need from a doctor. It is also not wise to try and diagnose yourself, even though I hear how desperate you are to understand what is going on for you.

I wonder if maybe a good way forward might be to look for support groups around near where you live? They shouldn't cost to go to, and you might find that more support opens up to you and you might find what is available in your area.

I don't know how the insurance works in the US, but I do know that you have Medicare (or something called something similar?), does your family have any of that?

3. brittini

brittini Well-Known Member

Thank you :) I'll look into all that. Na, my family doesn't have medicaid or anything like that. I've tried getting on it last year but my mom never took me plus I don't have any friends or anyone that I could ask for a ride. My boyfriend can't take me because he's a mechanic and there's only him and his boss at the shop and tons and tons of work so there's no way he could take off. Everything's just a mess. Thanks though! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.