I feal lonely and nobody will show up to my party

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Corvo, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvo

Corvo Member

In a sad mood I've invited like 18 people to my house on Friday it's probably gonna be shit and nobody's gonna turn up apart from like 5 people.

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Which is more important, the 5 turning up or the 18?

3. Corvo

Corvo Member

18..i don't even feel like havIng a party only reason I wanted one is to make friends

4. Robin

Robin Guest

If you're not a party person then you're not going to be in your best element for making friends. Sounds like you have 5 friends that will turn up though, unless they have other reasons for turning up?

5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I can sort of understand the reasoning of wanting to make friends, but inviting people to a party is not necessarily the best way to go about it. Also as Robin suggested, if you're not a party person or if you don't feel like having one, is it really the best time to organise one?

Another side point is, how long ago did you invite them? If it was anywhen from last week or this - chances are they may have already got other plans which is why some may not show - but those who do show will have at least made the effort to turn up.

Is there anything that you have a personal passion for? For example, my passion is music, and once a month I go out to a place where I can play a few songs live, but I interact with like-minded individuals. So I can meet up with a different selection of people (although a few similar faces make it feel more comfortable), but all who share that passion for making music.

I guess what I'm trying to suggest is that you could perhaps consider using a passion of yours as a way of interacting with like-minded people where you are more comfortable with what you can talk about rather than having a party and being at risk of not being able to interact socially in that environment, in the way you'd want. It's not one that sounds like it'd have the desired result and you'd be more likely to not have as good a time as you'd expect if some things don't happen as you wanted it to.

6. Corvo

Corvo Member

This is what happend at the party

20 people showed up witch was nice.. Except the party wasn't really my thing and so much stuff nearly broke and this one guy puked loads all over my bathroom (he didn't manège to get any puke in the toilet) and cleaning up the puke was disgusting I had to clean the puke up while everyone else was partying

There were two people that I didn't really know that turned up and one of them was a bit of a dick and loads of people leaft because he was being a douchbag to everyone and he switched the music to some shit dubstep that nearly nobody liked

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds like every party I've ever gone to (except family ones and even those have had their moments).
    I think Fighting the Tide had the right idea.
    Join something that you are interested in, at least people will talk to you as you will share a common interest.

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

precisely why I never have been a fan of big parties - a lot of work, a lot of cleaning up after people with no manners, and most people just looking for the free food and drink before moving on. Next time you want to have a get together try 3 to 5 people you know and are interested in hanging out with for the evening - at least then the bill for it and the cleaning up is not quite do frustrating as you actually enjoyed the company. Might want to keep in mind when you see other people having these big parties that is the same as happens to them the image of a big party is far nicer than the reality and being "popular" often just means a greater tolerance for getting shit on by more people....

9. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Well, on the bright side you knew 18 people to invite to a party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.