i feel i have to do this

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Ok, so i know most people with an ED say what i have written in my title, but let me explain it.
    I have had an ED for a few years now, and I do hate it and would love to escape from it, but whenever I try I feel like there's something missing-even if i eat normally for weeks.I know that even if i start eating normally its still going to be there under my skin, berating me and i just feel that if i have to live with that then i wont be alive long.
    I think that if I get too thin, then i'll finally realise what's wrong if I have to go to hospital or something.I'll finally be able to get some real help and sort myself out.That's why I'm doing this now, because even if i stay eating normally now, it will always be there and I can't deal with that.
    Anyone else feel like that?

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can't relate but I understand your thinking. Do you see a professional?

3. anarulesmenow

nah i dont think they work to be honest

4. Anime-Zodiac

Have you spoken to any one else about this?
    When you mean thin, just how thin are you looking to be. In other words i guess, what weight would you want to be?

5. anarulesmenow

i mean if i got really underweight then id be able to sort it and would realise then

6. Anime-Zodiac

I'm sure your aware that there are dangers involved in being that underweight.
    Can you not shake this feeling off?
    In the end of the day, it's totally your call. I both would advise against it but also I totally understand your point of view.

7. anarulesmenow

I know but i cant get rid of this otherwise its always gonna be with me and i cant live with that

8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I can relate. I also feel like this. I see a psych for grief issues, and she sends me off for blood tests at her suggestion to make sure I am not at the stage of cardiac arrest. the tests always come back normal even if i have fasted for a few days beforehand. I also find that when I eat normally again at the start I get heart burn and tightness in the chest and extreme thirst from the salt in the food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.