I know that “crazy” is a colloquial term that doesn’t correspond to any specific disorder or group of symptoms. However, I am not sure what to call it. Over the past week or two, I’ve noticed the following difficulties getting worse, and/or I don’t notice at the time, but it is clear to me later.
1. Drifting off topic: this has always been a problem for me. Sometimes when I’m writing or in conversation, I will go off on tangents. I mean from one digression to another until I lose the thread of the original topic. When I read my past check ins, I feel like it was written by someone on a drug binge, because I wander so much. I had gotten better, but now I feel it’s worse than ever.
2, long ass posts: I feel like I go into too much detail, which probably makes everything I write difficult to read. Not many people have the time or energy to read through five paragraphs of text. I feel it’s important at the time, but there is no point if nobody reads it.
3. Noisy, chaotic thoughts. Probably related to the above, but I notice that in my thoughts they are racing more often than not. They either go all over the place, or they are hyper focused and repetitive. Either way, it’s distracting me from the task at hand, so I’m not productive at work or home.
4. Losing things: I have been spending way too much time lately trying to find where I set down anything. I was looking for my headphones case for 40 minutes last night and I hadn’t left the room since I set it down. I can’t find my keys since this morning. I had to grab my spare key fob to drive to a morning appointment. I have looked for a long time and still no luck. I have a spare key for the car, but not the door or mailbox.
So, that is frustrating. I’m spending so much time coping with these issues that I don’t have enough time to finish my adult responsibilities. I’m also wondering if my anger is justified, or am I making up a story in my head that is not true, and then reacting to that.
1. Drifting off topic: this has always been a problem for me. Sometimes when I’m writing or in conversation, I will go off on tangents. I mean from one digression to another until I lose the thread of the original topic. When I read my past check ins, I feel like it was written by someone on a drug binge, because I wander so much. I had gotten better, but now I feel it’s worse than ever.
2, long ass posts: I feel like I go into too much detail, which probably makes everything I write difficult to read. Not many people have the time or energy to read through five paragraphs of text. I feel it’s important at the time, but there is no point if nobody reads it.
3. Noisy, chaotic thoughts. Probably related to the above, but I notice that in my thoughts they are racing more often than not. They either go all over the place, or they are hyper focused and repetitive. Either way, it’s distracting me from the task at hand, so I’m not productive at work or home.
4. Losing things: I have been spending way too much time lately trying to find where I set down anything. I was looking for my headphones case for 40 minutes last night and I hadn’t left the room since I set it down. I can’t find my keys since this morning. I had to grab my spare key fob to drive to a morning appointment. I have looked for a long time and still no luck. I have a spare key for the car, but not the door or mailbox.
So, that is frustrating. I’m spending so much time coping with these issues that I don’t have enough time to finish my adult responsibilities. I’m also wondering if my anger is justified, or am I making up a story in my head that is not true, and then reacting to that.
