• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Practical Advice I feel like killing myself over a social fuckup that I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Okay I don’t want to go into too many details but here’s basically what happened.

I have a friend who gets made fun of a lot to the point that my friend is insecure and tries to hide his face with a hood.

So today somebody says something that, to me, sounded like he was trying to make fun of him. I got heated and said “don’t disrespect him like that, even if you don’t like him, he’s human too”. Apparently I took what he said the wrong way because everyone else that was there was like “it’s not that deep relax, he didn’t do anything”
So I backed off and apologized, but i left after a little because I was feeling like a stupid failure of a human



Ever since then I’ve been really depressed over It. I started hurting myself again which is something I haven’t done in a while. I don’t think I’m gonna go to school tomorrow, I need a day off in order for everyone to forget about it. I’ve been so nervous that my stomach is starting to hurt

I’m just a. Failure man maybe it’ll be easier if I end it all. I <Mod edit - Method> earlier but I was too scared to do anything

What should I do ? I’m not even sure if this is that big of a deal or if I’m just being a dramatic asshole
 

Lotus

Pariah...
SF Supporter
#2
First of all, well done for showing basic human decency and standing up for those with no voice. You should feel pride for doing that. People can be cruel and unfortunately the status quo dictates that popular people can get away with more when they're backed by the consensus.

I don't see that as a fuck up, more as an indicator that those people need to get their collective morals examined
 

Raven54

Well-Known Member
#3
Okay I don’t want to go into too many details but here’s basically what happened.

I have a friend who gets made fun of a lot to the point that my friend is insecure and tries to hide his face with a hood.

So today somebody says something that, to me, sounded like he was trying to make fun of him. I got heated and said “don’t disrespect him like that, even if you don’t like him, he’s human too”. Apparently I took what he said the wrong way because everyone else that was there was like “it’s not that deep relax, he didn’t do anything”
So I backed off and apologized, but i left after a little because I was feeling like a stupid failure of a human



Ever since then I’ve been really depressed over It. I started hurting myself again which is something I haven’t done in a while. I don’t think I’m gonna go to school tomorrow, I need a day off in order for everyone to forget about it. I’ve been so nervous that my stomach is starting to hurt

I’m just a. Failure man maybe it’ll be easier if I end it all. I <Mod edit - Method> earlier but I was too scared to do anything

What should I do ? I’m not even sure if this is that big of a deal or if I’m just being a dramatic asshole
GO Look you were doing your best FOarGEt about it no you did your best start over NOW!!!!!
 
#4
First of all, well done for showing basic human decency and standing up for those with no voice. You should feel pride for doing that. People can be cruel and unfortunately the status quo dictates that popular people can get away with more when they're backed by the consensus.

I don't see that as a fuck up, more as an indicator that those people need to get their collective morals examined
Thanks. I’m just worried that things won’t be the same anymore, and people will think lesser of me.
 

Raven54

Well-Known Member
#9
First of all, well done for showing basic human decency and standing up for those with no voice. You should feel pride for doing that. People can be cruel and unfortunately the status quo dictates that popular people can get away with more when they're backed by the consensus.

I don't see that as a fuck up, more as an indicator that those people need to get their collective morals examined
absolutely!!!!!
 

Cagla

romantic bastard
#10
You see...i really can understand it with my perspective. In a way of my own...life is harder for us thats for sure ..but everything chqnges. We can too..we can get more comfortable with time..im sorry words fails me now..
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#11
You stood up for yourself, you have nothing to feel bad or ashamed of. Well done you. You're awesome, i'd love a friend like you :)
 

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
#13
I do this to myself too. It is a fault in the way our brain works. To you it is probably some big deal, you are thinking about it all the time and can't stop thinking about it. I think about something like this all day or several days, running it over in my head, embarrassed and ashamed. You have to realize that to the other people around you it is nothing. They have already forgotten about it. They didn't think much of it at the time and it really made no impact on them. If you can let it go, just enjoy each moment as it comes, nothing will come of it. If you can't let it go it will steal your happiness for days or weeks. Just put it in your mind that to the other people around you it meant nothing; they have their own problems that they are worrying about. You did a good thing sticking up for your friend and you should feel good about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top