I feel like my problems are stupid compared to other peoples problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Corvo, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvo

Corvo Member

I feel like my problems are stupid compared to other peoples problems

Yes I'm depressed but I'm not contemplating suicide... I just feel sad most of the time

And I feel like Maybe my problems are stupid and other sad people deserve more help then I do.
  2. Corvo

Corvo Member

I fucking suck at dealing with my emotions and understanding what I feel sometimes I think I underestimate how bad I feel because I have gotten used to feeling sad..

I'm really sleepy sorry if what I'm writing doesn't make any sense
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Corvo you problems are just as important as someone elses ok we all need help and you deserve as much support as someone else ok h ugs
  4. taliasheppard

taliasheppard New Member

i know exactly how you feel. but you have to take care of yourself. i have recently realized that my problems, although small in comparison, still matter. maybe they don't matter to someone else with worse problems, but they matter to me. and you're small problems should matter to you because them getting solved will bring you at least a little step closer to happiness, which is THE MOST important thing in the world to you! try to find something that you enjoy doing. exercise really goes a long way too! even just do some like jumping jacks or push ups once a day or something.
  5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i feel like that sometimes- unlike you, i am comtomplating suicide (and have attempted)

through out my life, i've had people tell me to shut up about it- i've been laughed at, i've been shouted at, i've been ignored, and in the case of some people- it turned physical

i've been through therapist after therapist...they've either left, or they've admitted that they can't help. i've bad experiences on hotlines- where people have said, well, we've more important calls to deal with... so thanks for calling, that kind of thing, had loads of bad experiences on meds, been shut out by 2 mental health teams, etc etc. i feel like when it comes to me, it's like.. okay, well, who really cares how she's doing, what she does (including ending my life) is up to her- and it sucks majorly. it sucks that they will talk to me for a bit, make sure i'm still suffering for their enjoyment, and then move on to the next person and give them all the help in the world- it does not seem right

someone asked me yesterday an interesting question, they asked me.. do you think it's your destiny?. do you think it's your destiny to be shut out and ignored?

and i answered honestly... i said that when i was younger, never did i think i'd grow up to be as messed up as i am, and never once did i think everyone would turn their back on me and reffuse to help me (including my own family, who are meant to be their for me. do i see it any other way?. probably not... i'm 1 of those people who have fallen through a hidden hole in to blackness- with no way out
  6. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

For all of you guys who think your problem is too childish/immature/not important etc.

Well,a problem is a problem. No matter how big or small it is, it is completely subjective. It doesn't really matter whether it is a big problem or small problem, what important is what does it affect us.

As you can see, for some people, a supposedly "stupid" break up is not big deal. They can move on easily, but to some people, it can trigger them to attempt suicide.
    Again, another example, about wealth, for some easy going people, wealth is not a problem, even if they lost everything, as long as they can live, it doesn't really affect them mentally. It of course, have some effect, but not as big to people who love their wealth so much. For someone who is not too fond of living in "middle economic" condition, it is a big issues, and can cause them to commit suicide.

The point is, it is completely subjective. No one have the right to tell you that your problem is too small to affect you, what matters is how you feel towards that problem.

If it is bad enough to cause you depression, it need to be treated seriously, not to be ignored.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Your problems are as important as anyone else's, and you do deserve to be helped. I often feel the same way about myself, since my issues are ignored or not taken seriously, but you deserve the help and support.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.