i feel myself getting fat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tealeaf, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tealeaf

tealeaf Member

I weight about 125 right now and ive been though some stressful stuff and I use food now as a way to deal, I know im gaining weight but all I do is eat , food calms me down now, I really don’t want to be more fat than I already am, ppl don’t think I am but I do and I cant stop eating all the time I don’t know what to do, I see myself eating and I now what im doing is wrong but I cant help it, I get upset and I eat, b4 I didn’t think it was a problem but now I do and I really don’t want to be fat.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have a few different things going on, both with food and in life.

Do you want to talk about what is stressful for you?

I think you need to try and work out whether your eating patterns are healthy and you feel they are unhealthy because you feel yourself gaining, or if your eating patterns genuinely are unhealthy.

It does sound like you are using food in an unhealthy way. What is it about food that calms you down? Have you talked to anyone about how you feel?

I wonder if you can find other, more positive, coping strategies to help you when you feel the need eat? Like maybe a distraction? Or find a more positive way to release the stress like writing, drawing, art, things like that?

3. tealeaf

tealeaf Member

Idk my life is really messed up right now, Im away from everything I care about and im really alone and I have a lot of stuff to deal with and no one to talk to about them. I eat when im bored and when im not working there is nothing for me to do, I sit in the house and just watch tv and then that’s when I eat, and I eat really bad stuff, burger and fries nothing healthy, I don’t even eat when I hungry I just eat to eat, I use to be so pretty its crazy what 1 yr can do to you I hope to get back to what I was b4 and im trying my best but I don’t know how to get back there, idk its a lot of shit im dealing with.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds like you desperately need some support. Is there anyone that you could talk to about this? A doctor? Therapist?

Is there anyway you could go and at least visit the people you want to see or whatever/whoever you care about?

It sounds like you have identified your triggers, so maybe you could work to beat them. Like, for example, maybe write meal plans for yourself and have the food there, and in between the meals and snacks work out things to do to keep yourself busy. Or maybe only have healthy things in the house so that even if you do feel the need to eat, you know it's healthy stuff.

I don't think putting on weight will make you less pretty, you can be pretty and larger, and plenty of women do carry that off. HOWEVER, from what you have said your weight is not high in the slightest. Yes, it might be higher than before, but definitely not high.

5. tealeaf

tealeaf Member

I cant go see those ppl anymore, they don’t care I haven’t spoken to them in so long, I had to leave I up and left and no one really knew why , everything was a mess , I mean if ur friend up and left in the middle of the night and u didn’t now where they were wouldn’t you be worried? None of them did they just carried on with their lives, its like im lost , anyone feel like that? I feel lost and forgotten. For some reason Idk what it is but im so easy to cast aside especially by guys, I really wish one of them would tell me what it is about me that makes it so easy for them to cast me aside.

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What makes you think they weren't worried and just carried on?

7. tealeaf

tealeaf Member

i tried my best to call text IM myspace and some answered for awhile but then it was like they didnt care stopped answering. i dont chase after ppl i never have and i never will , its just i dont forget about my friend like that and it just seems like they all have, basically within a yr i lost everything that i have ever worked for it was all gone EVERYTHING, i go though my days and i talk to ppl and work about work and thats it i would just love to use my voice to speak to someone about what im going through , what im still going through ppl think u should just get over things, things they have never been though so how can they think your ok and you should be ok

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The fact that some answered shows that they did care and they did think about you. It may be that they too are people who do not chase other people. You left them, so they may think you didn't want to know, or didn't really want to talk to them or something. They could very easily still think about you lots. They could also write things like this about you, about how they had a friend who ran off, and they miss her, but she doesn't care about them. I think you've made assumptions on what they feel based on your own opinions of yourself/them, but not actually on fact.

It sounds like you really do need someone to talk to. Could you look into getting a therapist? Talking to a doctor? Maybe finding a support group or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.