I feel so sad :'(

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by thequietone95, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thequietone95

thequietone95 New Member

Today is a bad day, and I just don't know what to do anymore :'( I feel like anorexia and depression have gotten the better of me and I feel like giving up :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun it is good that you are reaching out here for help I am sorry you are feeling so down today Many members here struggle with eating disorders hun so they understand how you are feeling I hope you have support hun a therapist someone you can talk to in real life too Keep talking to us ok hugs

3. thequietone95

thequietone95 New Member

Hi total eclipse, thank you :)
    I have support from a CPN (community psychiatric nurse) but I'm just feeling so down about my eating disorder lately. I can't seem to move on from it, and to be honest I don't know if I'm even ready to.
    Thank you so much, it's nice to know that I can talk to people on here and that people care.

Have a nice day xxx

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Have you told your CPN about how you are feeling? I am not familiar with having an eating disorder, but like with any disorder, you become so used to having it even though it makes you feel like complete and utter shit, that when it is time to let go and get well, it becomes difficult because that illness has been apart of you for so long. Sometimes recovery means feeling worse before feeling better, and these feelings of not being able to move on are normal. But it is important to talk about your feelings, and your fears as bottling them up only makes you feel worse. Keep reaching out hun :hug:

5. thequietone95

thequietone95 New Member

Hi butterfly,
    Yes my CPN knows how I'm feeling lately, but I suppose there's little she can do.
    I just feel so helpless at the moment :(

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry you are grappling with this ED. Does the CPN have a lot of expereince helping people who are dealing with anorexia? And if not, do you think you might want to ask her about getting help from someone who does?

I know its horrible thing to deal with. And part of the disease, as I am sure you know, is that people are not sure they want to recover from it. But please, please try your hardest to keep going with the actions of recovering. Even though it feels wrong to you. Way too many people lose loved ones because of the grip that Anorexia takes on people. Please fight it with everything you have. Even though you really dont want to. Some people decided to do it when it is too late. Please keep fighting even if you have that "voice of ana" telling you messages that make you want to eat almost nothing. You matter. No matter what you may think :hug:

7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

I would speak to your gp and let her know how you feeling right and see what she can do to help. are you referred to EDS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.