I got banned from a forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

I found out a few minutes ago that I got banned from a forum due to me being too autistic to function.

Did absolutely nothing wrong and just feel like this is nothing but an insult to me. My feelings are now hurt and am completely upset by this.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I found out a few minutes ago that I got banned from a forum due to me being too autistic to function.

Did absolutely nothing wrong and just feel like this is nothing but an insult to me. My feelings are now hurt and am completely upset by this.
i'm sorry that you're upset but i'm glad they banned you. if they treat you this way the site is toxic and they can do a lot more harm than they did. you should look on the bright side that you got out of this toxic site before you got hurt worse. mike *hug

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks. But just why would I even get banned for something like that? It's just plain wrong.
Honestly? It's not a real reason to ban someone. It's obviously a very toxic and horrible forum and you're too good for a place like that. I completely understand why you are hurt - you should be hurt because that's a disgusting thing to say and it's not acceptable under any circumstances at all.

You know that we adore you here just as you are and wouldn't change you for the world. If anything, the world needs to change and stop being so horrible for no reason. Just try not to take it too personally and try to understand that there are some really bad forums out there that are going to hurt people no matter if they are autistic or not.

To be very honest, it makes me incredibly angry that you were treated like that so all I can say is just be careful of which forums you join because some of them are just plain nasty. Take care *hug*hugtackles ox

ClassicsFan

Honestly? It's not a real reason to ban someone. It's obviously a very toxic and horrible forum and you're too good for a place like that. I completely understand why you are hurt - you should be hurt because that's a disgusting thing to say and it's not acceptable under any circumstances at all.

You know that we adore you here just as you are and wouldn't change you for the world. If anything, the world needs to change and stop being so horrible for no reason. Just try not to take it too personally and try to understand that there are some really bad forums out there that are going to hurt people no matter if they are autistic or not.

To be very honest, it makes me incredibly angry that you were treated like that so all I can say is just be careful of which forums you join because some of them are just plain nasty. Take care *hug*hugtackles ox
It really is disgusting though, you are right about that.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It really is disgusting though, you are right about that.
It is and not only did they ban you, they give a stupid reason too. Shows that the forum is run by idiots and you're better off not being there. Leave them to it. It's the new thing to call people autistic online and make fun of them because of it. Easy thing to do when you can hide behind anonymity.

ClassicsFan

It is and not only did they ban you, they give a stupid reason too. Shows that the forum is run by idiots and you're better off not being there. Leave them to it. It's the new thing to call people autistic online and make fun of them because of it. Easy thing to do when you can hide behind anonymity.
I still can't believe I even got banned though, when nothing wrong was being done at all.

Harmony

SF Supporter
Hey Classic,
I'm sorry for what happened to you and agree with what others have said. It's completely unacceptable and you didn't deserve such treatment. What I hate to see is you internalizing it and blaming yourself when they are actually completely at fault. You did absolutely nothing wrong. The site sounds uncompassionate and even possibly fraudulent., everything you are not, so please realize it's for the best and you are in no way to blame.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I still can't believe I even got banned though, when nothing wrong was being done at all.
It happens. There so many forums out there. Some of them you get mods who are up their own arse and think they are hot shit. Power, even as small as being a mod gets to people's heads and they think it is okay to use that power to be horrible and get away with it.

Most forums I visit I don't interact or even sign up as I am just looking for pc advice, sports news or some niche thing and forums are great for that. I am sure I have visited hundreds of forums (music, sports, food, depression, anxiety, pc related) over the years, but I avoid signing up now as most of them (in my experience) seem to have certain members or mods who just want to cause trouble and single people out.

In my view, you aren't to blame for getting banned and from the reason they gave it is clear to me they are being dicks. I'm sorry this has upset you but please remember that you are better than them.

ClassicsFan

Hey Classic,
I'm sorry for what happened to you and agree with what others have said. It's completely unacceptable and you didn't deserve such treatment. What I hate to see is you internalizing it and blaming yourself when they are actually completely at fault. You did absolutely nothing wrong. The site sounds uncompassionate and even possibly fraudulent., everything you are not, so please realize it's for the best and you are in no way to blame.
It's just bothering me so much now too, because it's a forum that I really liked to go on as well.

ClassicsFan

It happens. There so many forums out there. Some of them you get mods who are up their own arse and think they are hot shit. Power, even as small as being a mod gets to people's heads and they think it is okay to use that power to be horrible and get away with it.

Most forums I visit I don't interact or even sign up as I am just looking for pc advice, sports news or some niche thing and forums are great for that. I am sure I have visited hundreds of forums (music, sports, food, depression, anxiety, pc related) over the years, but I avoid signing up now as most of them (in my experience) seem to have certain members or mods who just want to cause trouble and single people out.

In my view, you aren't to blame for getting banned and from the reason they gave it is clear to me they are being dicks. I'm sorry this has upset you but please remember that you are better than them.
It's why I ended up leaving a good majority of them just recently.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter

i had a similar experience a couple years ago and it was very hurting. so you have my sympathy, empathy and company. i hope that that helps you a little to feel better.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @ClassicShowsFan I think the admin of whatever site you are on let their ''power'' go to their heads. How dare they ban you for being ''too autistic''. You're much better off without those kind of people in your life. Stay here on SF where it is safe, friendly and moderator friendly. I hope all the replies on this thread have shown you that it's their problem not yours. You don't need them :)

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
And I actually am autistic by the way.
Well, you're certainly not alone! There are a LOT of members on the spectrum here - more than you'd realise actually.
My son is autistic and there are lots of other members here who have autistic children/ siblings/ friends etc. Infact, SF is made up of many people with different special needs etc. I don't like putting "labels" on people because it doesn't define who any of us are anyway. We're all special and unique in our own way. I think you're an amazing young lady too :) ox

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Well, you're certainly not alone! There are a LOT of members on the spectrum here - more than you'd realise actually.
My son is autistic and there are lots of other members here who have autistic children/ siblings/ friends etc. Infact, SF is made up of many people with different special needs etc. I don't like putting "labels" on people because it doesn't define who any of us are anyway. We're all special and unique in our own way. I think you're an amazing young lady too :) ox
Beautiful post @Kira I second every single word :)

There is nothing ''wrong'' with you, you don't have to change a thing, the world can change its heart.

ClassicsFan

Oh really? I didn't know there were other autistic members on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00