• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I got scammed on eBay...

So I bought copies of Pokémon Ruby and Emerald and Fire Emblem Blazing Blade only to realize later that they were all eBay fakes. My dad refuses to report the seller and/or get a refund (parents control my card) because he wants me to suffer in my...uh, sin, I guess you could call it. He’s kinda a mean like that but hey, family is all I got. Anyways...what should I do with these fake games? I don’t want another sucker to get ahold of them and be disappointed like I am (besides, I doubt Gamestop would take them anyways) but I don’t want to be reminded of my terrible blunder either. I really hope these games get released in the Nintendo 3DS eShop like RBY and GS did recently. Fire Emblem might be more difficult though since I only managed to get Sacred Stones through the Ambassador Program. Idk, I just feel like physically throwing them out would be a waste...then again, its not like I’m getting my money back anyways...(about $30) Ugh, what should I do? I just wanted to relive my childhood. ;-;

JmpMster

Have a question? Message Me
Owner Emeritus
If your dad is gonna control you like that, then there’s nothing you can do.

Yep - that is the issue. I guess I do not understand it because that is the point of a process they have - so you can feel safe in buying so if somebody does scam you they get caught and you get money back. Apparently he does not realize that is why people shop on there- because they do have protections against being scammed- refusing to allow you to use the protections is saying to you never stand up for yourself. Only lesson being taught here is to the scammer that - he learns are some people that will lie down and take it so keep being a dick and scamming people.

Sorry no real answers for you- nothing to do but toss them if can't send back. Or save them and give to your dad for Christmas perhaps to show you learned not to waste anything...

Yep - that is the issue. I guess I do not understand it because that is the point of a process they have - so you can feel safe in buying so if somebody does scam you they get caught and you get money back. Apparently he does not realize that is why people shop on there- because they do have protections against being scammed- refusing to allow you to use the protections is saying to you never stand up for yourself. Only lesson being taught here is to the scammer that - he learns are some people that will lie down and take it so keep being a dick and scamming people.

Sorry no real answers for you- nothing to do but toss them if can't send back. Or save them and give to your dad for Christmas perhaps to show you learned not to waste anything...
I doubt my dad would want GBA games for Christmas but thanks XD

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Or save them and give to your dad for Christmas perhaps to show you learned not to waste anything...
This is great. hahaha
I think you missed the sarcasm there, @xXFaiaEmburemXx I think NY was saying you should do something productive with the games and since your dad thinks you should keep them because they're so amazing then you should re-gift them to him.

.... Then you can spend that $30 on something for yourself ;)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If you cannot leave a feedback it makes no sense if it is your account. Yes your pops is controlling the money and its your opinion on the product not his

Reelphresh

Id be bummed that they are repro's but atleast you can still play them on the original system. and 30 dollars really isn't to bad.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00