I killed someone

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by shadowheart, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

A few nights ago I had a dream in which I killed someone. It wasn't me, but it was someone dressed exactly the same as me. It wasn't a passive thing or an accident either. It was close up, hot blooded, intentional murder.

I found it really disconcerting, especially because I don't usually remember my dreams at all. :/

Any ideas what it could mean?

2. unnamedfeeling

unnamedfeeling Active Member

Well according to the internet:
    To dream that you kill someone indicates that you are on the verge of losing your temper and self-control. Consider the person you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards her or him in your waking life. Your dream may be expressing some hidden anger. Alternatively, you may be trying to kill an aspect of yourself that is represented by the person killed. Identify the characteristics of this person and ask yourself which of these qualities you are trying to put an end to.

Otherwise, dreams are the mind's way of smoothing out often subconscious struggles and processing things it's gathered throughout your recent experiences. I know that my dreams can usually be traced back to one or more things that I've thought about lately or someone has told me about, and the emotions that I feel in my dreams often reflect on my current mood.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

If I had to guess I would think it's fear. Fear of what though?
    I usually only dream about things that are at the back of my mind or things I was thinking of before going to sleep. Must be very frightening to wake up to that. Must be like pheew. Did you recognize the person you had killed in the dream?

4. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what it means. Probably subconscious way to assert power or you need to end a certain aspect to your life style/ situation.

I dream about murder a lot. People killing me mainly. Though sometimes it's reversed. Unless you actually want to act on it, I would try to forget it. Now excuse me, I think there was a dream witness…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.