I look awful.

A few years ago, this psych nurse (who should probably lose his license if not go to jail) put me on 9 pills at once (many of which had dangerous, known interactions) and just threw more at me any time I said I wasn't feeling perfectly better. He was such an awful human being to boot, and I was so angry in my review of him online that the review site rejected what I said even though people need to know. Anyway, I specifically told him to only prescribe weight-neutral drugs, and after misdiagnosing me with bipolar (based on zero evidence that I had it other than antidepressants not working well for me), he threw me on something that made me swell up like a balloon. Since I stopped seeing him, I've dropped nearly 40 pounds, but I still have another 20 to go. My face still looks chubby, and I have a bit of a double chin (which drives me nuts). I have horrible stretch marks on my inner thighs, and my breasts are saggy and deflated from the 40 pound weight loss. I feel like I need a mommy makeover, and I'm not even a mommy!

My skin is also awful. For some reason, my face is always grainy and a bit flaky, even when I wash it regularly and exfoliate. I need to see a dermatologist about the issue. I can't wear makeup because it makes my face look even more flaky than usual. My hair sucks now too. No matter what I do to it, it just sucks. My bangs are always greasy, my ends are always dry, and it doesn't want to mold into a nice shape no matter what equipment I use.

I also get all this gross hair on my face, and it's a pain in the ass trying to get rid of all of it. It grows back so fast, and I often miss that it's back because the lighting is bad. Then, I'll be out someplace and see a forest of chin hair and a big mustache I didn't notice at home. it's embarrassing.

I can't afford nice looking clothes either, so as I lose weight, i end up wearing the same stuff that's too big for me until it literally falls off me and I'm forced to replace it.

I'm just so ugly!

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
*hug I'm sorry, that's an awful way to feel. I can't imagine you look as bad as you feel you do, but I know it probably isn't that convincing for me to say that. It sounds like you're doing great though if you've lost 40 pounds already. Do you exercise? It can help to concentrate on the things you are gaining, like strength or endurance, rather than focusing on all of the flaws you see that may or may not change. As far as stuff like hair and skin, that stuff can be sensitive to diet, or hormones, or can just change as we get older and require different maintenance. I think probably other people don't notice these things as much as you do.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00