• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I lost my best friend today.

Sleeper71

My ex’s dad was my best friend and like a father to me. Even though we’d split up him and I said we would always be there for each other. Today he went ice fishing and went through the ice on his quad and drowned and I was the one who found him. His family was worried because they couldn’t get hold of him so they asked me to go check on him because I knew where he would be. I went to his shanty and he wasn’t in it. So I started following the tracks of his 4 wheeler until I saw where they stopped. I punched through the layer of ice that had formed and that’s when I saw his body in 10’ of water. He had been in the water for about 4 hours. I can’t get that sight of seeing him down there, knowing there was nothing I could do to help, out of my head. Once they got his body out of the water I held him hoping I could bring him back even though I knew I couldn’t. I’m just so lost right now.

BlackOpium

Care, Empathy, Compassion.
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Oh dear, I am so so sorry, this is so traumatic for you, i'm lost for words. I will keep you in my thoughts, i'd advise you to talk to a professional asap as you could be in shock too from what you have seen and witnessed. I'm here if you need me.

Sleeper71

Thank you everyone, I just can’t believe this happened. Tomorrow I get to go on the same ice and get his shanty and his truck. Hey it might as well be a suicidal person right? I know it was a bad joke. This life truly hates me, it takes away everything I love. Why can’t it take me, he was so loved and so caring for everyone. Why take him and not me who hates being alive?

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I'm really sorry about this, I cannot imagine how awful that must have felt. *sadhug Sending so much love. ♡♡♡

sassy123

SF hugger
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
*hug10*console*sadhugI am sorry 😐 hun *console I cannot imagine going through that sending you all my love and prayers. So sorry you lost him that way

Sleeper71

Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies, you all are incredibly caring people. I’ve never cried so much in my life and it’s only the beginning. I’m just lost.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$255.00