i lost my budgie....

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by emily83, Jun 4, 2013.

1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

probably not really the place as this forum is about "loved one" which i asume are all threads about people and stuff.

anyway my budgie died a few days ago... we found her just upside down in her cage.... it's sad because i wanted 1 for so long

she was so young too.. hardly had her a long time

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sorry you lost your pet hun budgies are so fragile they get ill so easily so don't blame you ok hugs

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

pets are loved ones too so this is the right place. I'm so sorry for your loss :( I know how it hurts to lose a pet we love...I dread the time when I will lose my two guinea pigs...

did you have good times with your budgie? remember those good time and cherish them

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I had 3 budgies in my lifetime, and it's fine to post this here...pets are also loved ones and it can really hurt when they die. I took it really hard when I lost the last bird...sorry for your loss :hug:

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

thank you everyone.

oh yes, morning rush, i had some fun times with her. 1 time when i let her out the cage, she flew right to the top of my window (the window was closed of course) and knocked over my glass ornament... was not so funny at the time but now i can laugh at it

same with getting it back in the cage... it's a nightmare!. lol

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Pets can be our best friends, part of the family. Sorry for your loss xxx

7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

my parakeet used to walk behind me everywhere i went in the house. we always kept her cage door open. she would come and go with no problem.

8. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

Animals are equal to humans in my eyes and the loss is no different especially when we have a close bond. I am pleased you have shared this was us here. I have lost pets and I find it unbareable, I wont have anymore cos get too attatched to them and its awful, I know I miss out on the love and times together now cos of this but I see nature and the wildlife around me as my 'pets' now and they give me comfort and love.
    Here if you need to talk it over. xx

9. Moon_Penguin

Moon_Penguin Penguin astronaut extraordinaire

pets are part of the family as much as anyone. When my dads budgie died it was tragic. We had a pair, so the other budgie had to sit int here with this dead one for an hour or so. bless. I hope you can get a new budgie as you seem to love them so much xx

10. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Sorry to hear ((hug)).
    I've always had a companion in form of a dog, who is by my side at all times.
    I have been utterly hopelessly lost when one has passed :sad:
    My gsd is elder now, but a friend who feared what was to come told me i could
    handle two companions at once, so i now have a young ddb as well. Makes it complicated
    but we shall see. I talked to my gsd last night, telling her i could not handle
    losing her, so shake any idea from her head. ((gentle hugs))

11. jontom

jontom New Member

it's sad to lose a pet, there is great comfort to be found from a nonjudgemental presence that takes pleasure from your attention

hugs