• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Empathy and Advice Welcomed I might lose my food stamps

#1
I got a letter saying they're going to cancel me.
I only have 10 days to call and ask for an appeal, but I got it on Friday, then it was the weekend, now it's a holiday.
So I have to wait until tomorrow to call and beg them not to take away my food.

I'm scared.
I don't know how I'm going to support myself.
I've been trying to find a way to make a living from home but I haven't gotten anywhere.
I've been lazy, and I'm afraid of getting in trouble somehow to try anything.
I'm in chronic pain from an injury that I haven't healed yet, but I don't qualify for disability.
My parents let me mooch off of them, but I don't know how much they can afford to feed me.
I don't think they'd kick me out, especially not in winter.
But I'm still worried about my life.

Also, is it easier to read my posts if I start a new line at every sentence?
I've been meaning to ask, but I never did.
 
#5
Good news.
I get to keep my food stamps.
Apparently, they didn't get my re-up paper until the last minute.
And the cancellation paper just went out automatically.
I called today and they cleared it up for me.
I hope it stays that way though.
I feel like I gave myself an ulcer worrying so much.

Thank you for the well wishes and the feedback on my writing format.
 
#6
Good news.
I get to keep my food stamps.
Apparently, they didn't get my re-up paper until the last minute.
And the cancellation paper just went out automatically.
I called today and they cleared it up for me.
I hope it stays that way though.
I feel like I gave myself an ulcer worrying so much.

Thank you for the well wishes and the feedback on my writing format.
Wow good news 🤗
 
#9
Can I ask what food stamps is?
I hear about it in the movies
Its just for food?

I was on the low tier financial help in my country for a very long time
Was very hard to get by
Had to ask my mom and brother for help a lot
Its not fun to deal with
And ofc I also spent money on weed and cigarettes at the same time
I was usually broke like in the middle of the month
Took me years to get the 2nd tier
Had to be 30 to get it, but got it approved earlier at age 26 or 27 I think
Now it was not a struggle just to eat each month
And finally after a decade or so I got my disability pension (I think it would translate too)
Strange thing to actually be able to save up money and buy some stuff

So Yeah i felt your pain OP
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#13
[QUOTE="CrashBandicoot, post: 2467080, member: 66325”]
And finally after a decade or so I got my disability pension (I think it would translate too)
Strange thing to actually be able to save up money and buy some stuff[/QUOTE]

I got mine a couple years ago. I needed new clothes, so I just bought them. I’m eating better too. I’m not worried about where my next meal is coming from, so it’s more than a few bites of whatever’s cheap. I’m still poor, still well below the poverty line, but I’m not in a constant state of panic, scrambling for cash. It’s weird. I keep waiting for it to be taken away.
 
#14
I got mine a couple years ago. I needed new clothes, so I just bought them. I’m eating better too. I’m not worried about where my next meal is coming from, so it’s more than a few bites of whatever’s cheap. I’m still poor, still well below the poverty line, but I’m not in a constant state of panic, scrambling for cash. It’s weird. I keep waiting for it to be taken away.
Happy for you ☺️
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#16
Good news.
I get to keep my food stamps.
Apparently, they didn't get my re-up paper until the last minute.
And the cancellation paper just went out automatically.
I called today and they cleared it up for me.
I hope it stays that way though.
I feel like I gave myself an ulcer worrying so much.

Thank you for the well wishes and the feedback on my writing format.
Awesome
So glad to heat
Best wishes my friend
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top