I miss you

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Rewound, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Rewound

Rewound Member

It's been nearly a year since I lost them. Everytime I close my eyes I see them , those last few moments playing over and over . I cant' stop the nightmares and I miss them so much. No wallowing or regret is going to bring them back but I just can't get past it. It should have been me.
  2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

(hugs) Sorry to hear that you have lost someone.
  3. Rewound

Rewound Member

Thanks Shadowlands .
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* Sorry for your loss.
  5. Rewound

Rewound Member

Thank you *hugs*
  6. I can't imagine how that feels. I'm sorry..
  7. Rewound

Rewound Member

Thank you, I feel bad feeling like this when people have so much worse to deal with sometimes
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You shouldn't feel bad about that. Yes, there will always be people out there with more to deal with, but that doesn't mean that your issues are any less significant. I am sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking that can be. I hope that talking about things will help to ease some of the pain.
    Teenmomstatistic likes this.
  9. This is very true.
    Rewound likes this.
  10. Rewound

Rewound Member

Thank you, being here and seeing peoples kind words is helping.
  11. Charlotte918

Charlotte918 Member

I heard someone say something recently about their own loss which I found helpful. "You haven't lost a friend, you've gained a guardian angel". That hole in your heart does not leave and you can't fill it. It is a problem that no logic will solve. To say it should have been you is false logic applied to a situation that defies any logic. You are here, and that is what counts. I know that in my own grief I had to sort through all kinds of things people said to find those which were truly helpful and provided meaning to something I couldn't understand. My thoughts are with your aching heart for the pain you are feeling.
    Deety likes this.
  12. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Hugs to you, I am sorry for your loss.
  13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm very sorry for your loss, no two peoples pain are the same so it's best not to compare them. I hope you can get through this difficult time in your life.