I need advice

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So i was thinking about telling my mum about depression... yesterday she spotted blood on my shirt and she saw scars 1 month ago, however i told her that i cut just one time...
    I can trust her, i know that she would help me...

However, there is one problem...

My mother have extreme depression for 3 years... She told me that she think about suicide all the time and that I am the only reason why she didnt do it... I think that once she even try to do it, but i am not shure...

Every time when i told her about my problems, even very small ones, she is hurted for weeks... I dont know what to do... if i would told her, i dont know how she would accept it... i think that she would only fall in bigger depression, if its even posible... So i ask all people on here, who have depression and maybe they are parenets... how would they react and what is the best way to do here...

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I can only tell you what I would do as a parent,
    The minute my son would actually ask for help, he'd get it :smile:

My own mother, who was in the middle of a breakdown at the time, took just enough time out of her own misery to get me help in my teens; not because I had said anything but she had noticed all was not well.

Your mother may well feel depressed and overwhelmed but you are her child and she will want to help. :hug:

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

thanks... i know that she would help- she give all she could to me in this 16 years...
    She know that something is wrong... She ask me everyday whats wrong and everyday she heard that i am sick, that i am tired or that everything is OK...
    Im just afraid that she would be even more depressed...

4. angeliamarie12

angeliamarie12 Active Member

well this is what i think about it..... Ok your mother said that the only reason she wont do it is because of u ........ If that even had registered into your head in a mothers term ..... That means she loves u and would help you..... mothers are always there for u.... well most of them my mother wasent..... and my mother was sucidel to ........ tell I had told her that if she did it agian she would not hear from me agian .... and she had stoped.....just drank more to the point where she wouldent let me help her... she wanted to spend all her money to drink...... sometime u have to be the better person and walk away... and thats what I did.... I told my mom that I was moving in with my boyfriend.... and she still fights with me till this day about stuff...like borrowing money... which i dont borrow to her cause i know where its going to go...... but in your problem..... if your mom says that she wont do it because of u..... thats telling her she will help...... seems like u have a brave mom..... dont be affiard to tell her..... she might be able to help.... and with waiting around it will only make it worse..... Hope it all works out .......:biggrin: but always member that there are other people out there that have it worse then you ...... and to be strong ...... and dont be shy......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.