I need my brother back

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by 1818, Aug 14, 2014.

1. 1818

1818 Member

I just don't think anybody understands how badly I want to bring my brother back. my best friend, my rock, my #1, my hero, my motivation & my happiness, gone. each day gets harder and harder without you here. the hardest part is that you chose this. you chose to leave me. you chose to take your life.

the things I saw when I found you, I won't ever be able to forget. I can't get them out of my head & I still have terrible nightmares.

I love you so much and it's getting harder and harder to go on without you. I'm trying, I really am, but I'm getting exhausted. I can't fight through this forever.. will it ever get easier?
    I can't handle these flashbacks, I need my brother back. now. :(
  2. MisterBGone

Supremely sorry to hear about this... It sounds like he was a truly exceptional person and an all around wonderful human being, not to mention extraordinary brother! I hope that you're able to find some grievance counseling or whatever help is out there for you as well as whatever else you need. I don't know how to handle this from personal experience, so I won't pretend to- but I wish you nothing but the best. Take Care.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am very sorry for your loss. Talking about it and expressing your feelings will help. Have you been to counselling, I would highly recommend it to get through this. I know it must be so hard for you, but it can be made easier and you've made your first step by reaching out! :hug:
  4. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

I am so very sorry for your loss, I understand how you feel. My baby brother took his own life in 2007 and I found him. Even after the years I can't get the image out of my head and that combined with many other things I do not sleep well at night. I also blame myself because I wasn't there for my little brother and should have been. I want you to know that if you ever need to talk or just want to share, I will be here to listen. I may not know what to say at times but I do understand the thoughts and feelings that you are having.

Hugs to you
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

1818 I am so deeply sorry that your brother is no longer here. I too have a brother who died Although his death happened a different way. One that is less painful for me to handle. But painful none the less because he was so kind and good and caring.

It does get easier as time goes on. I think writing about it here is smart.

Because of the flashbacks, I am wondering (like Petal said) if some counselling might help. I do not know. But it might bring relief from them. I am so very sorry.
  6. I'm sorry for your loss, when my grandmother died I felt that my favorite person was gone and my happiness with her, but as i understood life and death, I eventually understood how I could keep her alive with me being alive, with me doing what she would want me to do, which is be happy, and help all the people i can and make something of myself, if i can ask, how do you think your brother would want you to be?