I need real help...m

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZambianGirl, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZambianGirl

ZambianGirl New Member

I am a university drop out living back home with my dad. I have never been the smartest, or prettiest or anything in my family. Didn't do well in A levels and failed to gt through uni... I understand that my dad has every right to b mad. I wasted his money and nw he reminds me of all the things I would never b. I want to see a counselor but I can't afford one (health care isn't free these ends). I really want to try and fight this urge to jump off a building or stab myself. Can anyone please help me?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry hun it is hard when the ones we love don't see our pain Is there anyone at the university you can talk to or a church person Ihope your dad lets up on you You are not the only one to find school hard it is so dam hard these days There a jobs out there that will train you hun without the education maybe if you can get a job get out of the house a bit it will help you not be so depressed Get away from toxic environment hugs
  3. Daniel Leinad

Daniel Leinad New Member

I can relate to that feeling. As a university student myself who just failed first year I understand what it feels like to be a burden on your parents. Not being able to go to a University does not help your chances at getting a job. But it doesn't mean you can't still find happiness in life. The only thought that has kept me going throughout the years is the idea of never knowing what tomorrow will bring. You could meet someone fantastic or make a friend or just enjoy the little things in life. We can't always get what we want, I always wanted to be a Vet but I didn't score high enough in my sciences to carry it on any further. But I didn't give up, I found a new interest in psychology.

It's far too early for you to give up hope, it's never too late for you to find happiness in life. I don't know about your spiritual beliefs but I believe we only have one chance at this life. You should live it to your fullest even when it hurts to go on. There is always a choice, I can't make that choice for you, but I certainly hope you don't end up hurting yourself. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, there are probably lots more helpful people on this site than me xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.