Okay so for starters I have severe depression, and self-harmed a while ago, for now it's enough to know about me that my condition is physical and incurable and without rooting out the problem psychological counseling isn't really helpful.
Now I'm already recovering and am past the real dangerous days, but still, sometimes I do feel my mental state is on edge and could use a pill or two of antidepressant.
The problem is, that I live in Hungary, where, even though I've never went trough it, so I'm not 100% sure it works like this, but its supposedly standard protocol to lock up anyone that is harmful towards themselves or their environment.
Right now, due to my situation being impossible to resolve (I've worked my way trough every conceivable route) and with my condition not being psychological in nature, I do not get any actual medication. For a while I was just left off the hook and was given some pain killers that don't work, so I never really managed to address the issue of psychological damage that comes with so much pain. By now, at my one and only breakdown that happened in an especially bad period of my life I self-harmed quite bad, so by now I would be under fire if I were to look of professional help. I don't really want to move into a psychiatry, quite the contrary, but some medication would help...
So what am I supposed to do?
Now I'm already recovering and am past the real dangerous days, but still, sometimes I do feel my mental state is on edge and could use a pill or two of antidepressant.
The problem is, that I live in Hungary, where, even though I've never went trough it, so I'm not 100% sure it works like this, but its supposedly standard protocol to lock up anyone that is harmful towards themselves or their environment.
Right now, due to my situation being impossible to resolve (I've worked my way trough every conceivable route) and with my condition not being psychological in nature, I do not get any actual medication. For a while I was just left off the hook and was given some pain killers that don't work, so I never really managed to address the issue of psychological damage that comes with so much pain. By now, at my one and only breakdown that happened in an especially bad period of my life I self-harmed quite bad, so by now I would be under fire if I were to look of professional help. I don't really want to move into a psychiatry, quite the contrary, but some medication would help...
So what am I supposed to do?
Last edited by a moderator: