I need someone so badly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lonely4ever

Hello,

I really need someone to be my friend. I am feeling so lonely and i dont have any friends at all. I am all alone all the time and my social phobia is to blame for this. I have been unsocial most of my life, even as a kid, but it just got worse with time. I am 23 now and have no friends at all. When i say this i really mean it. It doesnt mean i just dont have close friends, it means none at all. Thats one of the reasons i have been depressed many times in my life. It has been on and off and in stages. I never go partying, i never go to pubs and clubs, no one calls me. I am unable to get closer to any of my classmates, i think thats becoz i am so unsocial and they can feel that, no matter how hard i try to hide that. Its so unbelievable hard for me to talk to people, i am extremely shy and it takes all of my courage to talk to new people. It just makes me desperate and i dont know what i should do and say, i am just completely lost. So i am always trying to avoid meeting new people.

I am just sick and tired of my situation. I so wish i can find some people on this site who are in a similar situation. Please if u want to talk, PM me. I am so desperately want to meet someone who i can share my thoughts with! If u have some advice i would appreciate that too. Just dont tell me i gotta go and talk to people even if it makes me feel so bad. I have tried that lots and lots of times and my anxiety never gets any better.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Hi, I am 19 and also don't have any friends, no social life, nothing at all. There's a lot of people here to talk to that will GLADLY be your friend, send a private message (PM), go into the chat room, you can instant message a lot of members, you'll find friends here and welcome.

I know exactly how you feel. I am completely alone as well. :smile:
There's a lot of people here in around or your exact same situation, you'll find company here.

If you'd like me as a friend I'm here for you hun.. :hug: I can understand where you are coming from. Hang in there hun, ok? I'm here for you anytime.

B

Blackness

I know how you feel. And most people just say to join groups or whatever to meet new people but that can be hard if you're not into that sort of thing. Personally I'd rather be on my own that have to go out of my confort zone to talk to people who will never like me anyway. I'm always here to talk to anyone. I'll PM you the details :)

L

Lonely4ever

Thank u everyone who replied! Its really nice to know i am not alone (no offence!). Well its ironic but it makes me feel better that there are people who know what i am talking about and who can really relate to what i am saying. I hope we can talk more with some of u! Thank u guys and gals!:smile:

B

Blackness

Thank u everyone who replied! Its really nice to know i am not alone (no offence!). Well its ironic but it makes me feel better that there are people who know what i am talking about and who can really relate to what i am saying. I hope we can talk more with some of u! Thank u guys and gals!:smile:
We're all in similar situations here. All here to share stories, get stuff off our chest and to offer advie/support. I only joined yesterday, but have been made to feel very welcome. Finally we have found a place to confinde in each other.
hang around :smile:

run4fun

i think that all of us can relate with you. we all have that one lowest point in our lives. 2 years after my bros suicide i was clubbing with a friend of mine. he noticed that i was a depressed person. and said that people like being around happy people. i don't agree with that. but people work on a simple shallow and quick formula. if they see you are troubled and sad, they believe that you have less to offer them. happy people look like successful people. i began reading books on conversation & then relationships. and realized that people are naturally attracted to outgoing & energetic people. i'm not trying to change you. i'm only trying to change the way you project yourself and approach people. you would really have to start reading the books that i've read.

L

Lonely4ever

you would really have to start reading the books that i've read.
Hey i am really interested in what u said! Can u please advice me on what books i should read? I love reading books so i think i will enjoy the ones u read too.
And i agree with u. I have met many people who said to me that they really want friends who are not depressed and who seem to have no problem at all. They want someone optimistic and fun. Thats sad but true. I prefer someone who is thoughtful and has some serious stuff to say, not someone who is happy go lucky and optimistic no matter what. Its fun to be around optimistic people but just that. I would prefer a thoughtful friend to anyone else.

run4fun

the first book that i finished was
"How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships" by Leil Lowndes
2nd body language secrets by don steele.
you can find most by searching on amazon.com

L

Lonely4ever

the first book that i finished was
"How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships" by Leil Lowndes
2nd body language secrets by don steele.
you can find most by searching on amazon.com

Thank u!!! I think i will find them in ebook format online for free! I never really buy books, i just borrow them from the library or read online. I am glad i can read something really worthy now, i have been looking for some books like that lately and couldnt find any. Most of them seemed so cheesy and boring. But i hope u have a good point here!:smile:

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I prefer someone who is thoughtful and has some serious stuff to say, not someone who is happy go lucky and optimistic no matter what. Its fun to be around optimistic people but just that. I would prefer a thoughtful friend to anyone else.
I spend far too much time on my own and think far too much. I try to distract myself by thinking about things other than my own life.

I like simple philosophy books Stephen Law is good to get started with, "The philosophy files" or "The philosophy gym". Instead of thinking "why have I got no friends" I now think "how do I know other people actually exist?" :rolleyes:

So could you become a robot? Is time travel possible? What is art? Hmm...

(Oh and when it comes to meeting people I should mention that after reading these books I then joined a philosophy class, it's easier to get on with people because you've got set things to talk about, eventually we ended up going down the pub once the lesson was over. Shame we didn't keep in touch.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00