I really need help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by The Depressed Puppy, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

I need help, I keep on suffering with this horrible depression.I just need help, but I am so scared, & terrified to tell someone.

My friend told me, that the school psych. would want me to be part of the group(it's a friendship group). First shell ask you things, like how you feel,friends,etc.

Should I tell her about my depression? If so, how should I tell? How much

As for the suicidal thoughts, should I tell her? When should I tell her? The first time we meet, or later.
    Should I tell her about my depression? If so, how should I tell? How much

As for the suicidal thoughts, should I tell her? When should I tell her? The first time we meet, or later.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you get to meet the school psych soon hun and yes let her know about how you are feeling it is the only way she can helpyou ok

3. The Depressed Puppy

Ok, thank you.

If someone wouldn't mind, could you help with the questions above. It will really help me

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I would definitely tell the school psych about being depressed. I would try to tell her as much as you can right from the start. For me, one of the biggest hurdles is that first meeting. I go because I do want help, I know I need help, but since I am terrified of my own thinking why wouldn't they, right? The answer that I have come up with is this. They are trained for this and will be able to help. They are not terrified of our thoughts and feelings because they are trained/educated to help us deal with them.
    Same goes for the suicidal thoughts. The more you can Honestly reveal, and the quicker you reveal it, the quicker you will receive the appropriate help and support. I always have a very hard time with getting started with this. This last time it took me 4 meetings to admit that I have been uncontrollably crying. By not revealing everything, it makes it more difficult for me to receive the appropriate help/treatment. So I recommend that you tell her everything you can, once again this is only my opinion.
    I have never been in a group setting outside of a hospital so I can not comment and group support.

Wishing you better days and kinder thoughts.
    FYI-You are very intelligent and courageous to be reaching out for help. Continue to use that to your advantage. Go and reveal all you can, you are strong enough to do this and can it really hurt any more than your own thinking already hurts. I do not think it can, please take that step and see the school pysch.

5. The Depressed Puppy

I am really wanting to tell, because today is really difficult(depression, & suicide wise). I don't even know when she is going to come.

I am scared to go there, without her coming to get me, & talk. I am not sure what to do, I am afaird that I will get scared and not tell her.

& if I tell her about those thoughts. Should I tell her I actually have a plan? & that I am consdiering it?

What would she do, if I told her about the suicidal ideation? & the depresion?

6. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

You can do this. You are very Strong and want to feel better. This is a step in that direction.
    Maybe ask the office if you can get a message to her so that you do not have to make first contact in person?
    She will do what she thinks will be of most help for you. Please try to tell her everything you can honestly and without fear of what her response or actions may be. She is there to provide the best assistance that she can. Remember that this is a step that will be beneficial for you, this will help in relieving some of your negative feelings/emotions.
    Wishing you better days and the strength to overcome the fear that keeps us depressed people from seeking help. You can do this !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.