• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

I take þings personally

#1
Got criticized by my boss. Apparently my attendance isn't as good as it looks in þe app? Þæt what she says anyway.

I'm taking it personally inside even þo I know I shouldn't. I'm annoyed at me. Annoyed at her too, but at least she didn't sugar-coat it.
 
#2
On þe plus side: þis, I only know now because I asked. I took a risk, and gained information.

I didn't keep composure when my boss laid þis out. No taking back my avoidance reaction now. If I do þis more often maybe I'll learn to keep it togeþer when getting unpleasant truþ-bombs.
 
#4
I'm sorry this happened.
Þanks. It's okay, þo. She didn't do anyþing horrible; her first reaction was to go on defense for an accusation þæt wasn't þere; oþer-þan-þæt, what she told me, if true, I'd raþer know þan not.

Besides, she even included information pointing me in þe direction I'd need to resolve þe issue myself (a reminder of our own store's app's option to put our shift up for someone to take as extra).

And later in þe day it seems we ended on an okay note
 
#5
It's ironic I named þis þread a broader I'll of mine, when it's really specifically about þis interaction and it's ecosystem of causes and results and possibilities.

I went into þe app and marked some new days off for myself. She was right: I had marked þose as days I'm available. I've new nim'd þe step awendan þæt.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top