• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I think I hear voices in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a year... Its not like real voices, but more like thought voices, and they are coming from outside me... They are not always bad to me... sometimes they compliment me and then I get pissed off at them, haha
I guess I don't even trust the voices in my head. Sometimes they tell me something interesting, and sometimes they call me bad names. I try not to take them seriously, but its really annoying when you walk down the street and someone is calling your name constantly or narrating what are you doing... just the other day I was washing the dishes, thinking about music and out of nowhere appeared a voice, "Oh, now she is washing the dishes!"
for fuck sake, it's so annoying. They back off a bit if I'm "watching" my mind. So its good to know I have some control over them... Anyway, weird or what?
I did some research on this and found out that some people have this. And my friend also knows a guy who hears voices in the same way, only they are auditory... but he is a normal guy... I don't think this is schizophrenia or anything... it's just strange.

Is there anyone here who has similar problems?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, do you have a psychiatrist? A psychiatrist would be the best person to settle the dispute whether they are voices or thoughts. I am glad you are taking them seriously though, your mental health is just as important as you physical health. I have heard voices but they were side effects of medicines so I am not really sure but please make sure you bring it up with your doctor. Keep talking, we care. :)

Hi there, do you have a psychiatrist? A psychiatrist would be the best person to settle the dispute whether they are voices or thoughts. I am glad you are taking them seriously though, your mental health is just as important as you physical health. I have heard voices but they were side effects of medicines so I am not really sure but please make sure you bring it up with your doctor. Keep talking, we care. :)
Thank you :) no, I'm not and haven't visited any doctors. I don't feel that it's necessary, if this will get worse than I will probably do it

Sunspots

★☆ I know that was you Queenie and Monkey Boy ☆★
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi Sonja

I hear voices. Not all the time, they tend to come in waves when I'm really stressed. Sometimes they come from within my head but others are so real like someone is standing behind me, it makes me turn around to look for them.

At first I found them terrifying but as time has gone on they mostly don't bother me as much. I do speak to my psychiatrist about it and she suggested trying some antipsychotics but I decided not to go down that route at the moment.

Do speak to a doctor if they start to trouble you more. It's more common than you think and there are things that can be done to help.

Hi Sonja

I hear voices. Not all the time, they tend to come in waves when I'm really stressed. Sometimes they come from within my head but others are so real like someone is standing behind me, it makes me turn around to look for them.

At first I found them terrifying but as time has gone on they mostly don't bother me as much. I do speak to my psychiatrist about it and she suggested trying some antipsychotics but I decided not to go down that route at the moment.

Do speak to a doctor if they start to trouble you more. It's more common than you think and there are things that can be done to help.
Thank you for sharing your experience :)
yes, I will see someone if these voices will start messing up my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$205.00
Goal
$255.00