I think I've got an eating disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday I do not eat all day until dinner time when I am forced to eat by my mum. Sometimes I want to throw up but find it possible to do so. I've started to go to the gym and have become obsessed by my weight. Can someone help me?

It sounds like you have low confidence, lack self esteem, and are unhappy with your body image. Those are usually the reasons people develop eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.

I think if your concered about apperence you should talk to a gym trainer to help you reach legitamate goals. Trainers usually know their stuff and could help you learn how to achive a body image you could be happier with in a healthy way.

nolonger

You sound like me. I only eat once a day, at the max. And it isn't usually much. This is in conjuction with a whole lot of coffees, which is probly what's keeping me going.

nolonger

I might. But it may be linked to the fact that I drink a lot of coffee. My coffees are probly classed as an "iced coffee" because all it is is milk and the instant coffee powder. And milk tends to fill you up easily so I think I just went for drinking instead of eating. I used to drink a box of pepsi(about 24 cans) a day or so, but that was costing way to much money....it would have been like smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. So instead we go through $70 of milk a week(63 litres, or about 21 gallons). It's 33% cheaper but it probly fills me up more than the pepsi did, the cans go through you extremely quickly.

I can eat every now and then, but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to....I would be starving before meals and eat the whole thing. These days I don't have breakfast or lunch. I only eat something during the day 'if I feel hungry'. Or I might have something at dinner. But I wouldn't say my body clock/time perception is like everyone elses, so I'm usually doing things in different intervals in comparison to others.

Androgyny

Do you think about how you look all the time? Do you think about how every single, little fucking thing could effect your physique? Do you find that everytime there's a marked shift in your weight you binge/purge or both. Welcome to my world. I know it's not rioght, and I'm trying, but I'm seriously at a loss. Don't know much advice, but just wanted you to know you aren't alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00