I want not to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

I don't want to be alive anymore, life is meaningless and as much as I've sought other solutions than killing myself, it seems the most sensible option. People only want to stay alive so they can be happy, but happiness just makes you more complacent and willing to live a restrained and boring life. Can anyone recommend a clean, not very painfull and relatively easy way of killing myself?

Can anyone recommend a clean, not very painfull and relatively easy way of killing myself?
Yes but not here, not because we don't care but offering you an obvious way out does two thing. The first one is it makes it our fault, we told you how to do it, the second because I'd rather you didn't die.

People only want to stay alive so they can be happy
Do you really believe that? And I mean when you're not feeling like a ball of crap. Do you think a mum looks into her kids eyes and thinks, jeez you're kinda cute but I'm not happy right now so I'm going to jump off a bridge.

but happiness just makes you more complacent and willing to live a restrained and boring life
you're being a little unfair on happyness there. Happyness doesn't really care if you're being complacent, accepting being a statisitc, or living your life on a boat trawling for crayfish in the sun. Think you might have happyness confused with complacency there. If you want more fun and excitement in your life then go out and get it. Two weeks ago I was dropped from a chopper into the middle of nowhere to build a fire station, shit it was fun.

Complacent means willing to accept that which you are willing to accept.
Restrained means having no choice in accepting that which is put upon you.
Boring means giving up on wondering what happens if.

Happyness has sweet f all to do with any of them.

Death means not being able to read the above.

Lump

yeah true. Well I don't think I'm going to kill myself...yet! I don't know, I find myself thinking about ending my life all the time, like I can't stop thinking that it would be the right thing to do. I just need to make a big change in my life, like go live on a trawler, I'm just probably very dissatisfied with my own personal situation, which I don't want to bore you with really. Alright then, cheers.

p.s. I should have thought about the implications of asking you about the suicide method thing

p.i.s.s. It's funny the way that people on here go "Today is the day that I die", they're totally determined and no one's going to change their mind, and then within a few posts they're brought around. Not that that's a bad thing of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh look mate. Don't worry about the "how do I kill myself?" bit, you write like an intelligent person, so let's not pretend; an oncomming train will pretty much ruin your afternoon pretty quickly, you know that, I know that, and the moderator that will edit my post knows that.

Basically a lot of the posts on this forum could be reformulated to say, Hey right now my life sux and it would kind of be nice if someone out there actually said, yeah I know mate but it'll be alright and the whole world doesn't think your crap.

A lot of people kinda think that if they aren't definately 100 percent convinced that they are going to kill themselves then their problems aren't worth talking about....that's crap.

Don't think you have to say "I am going to die cos..." it's ok just to sit back and look at your life and think, gee this isn't the way I want to spend the rest of it cos it kinda sux.

I don't kow you at all bud, so forgive me if I'm way off track, but it sounds like you need to get out there and explore, the way you used to as a kid. Life is about finding crabs under rocks at the seaside. Go get yourself some crabs.

p.s. bore away. Sometimes it helps to get it down.

Lump

Hi, sorry I haven't been here in ages, I haven't killed myself in case you were wondering! I've decided that I'm going to change my life for the better (how corny!). Thanks very much for the advice...I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, although I can't garuantee that I won't be posting more self-depricating threads!

Cheeeers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00