I want to scream

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Zeldcat, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeldcat

Zeldcat Member

My social anxiety is getting so bad again, almost to the point where it's unbearable. I don't know what to do but I just want to curl up and cry.
    There's these two people that especially make me anxious every time someone even mentions them. It's impossible to keep my distance from them and I feel like such a bitch. It's not their fault. I want to explode. I want to cry. I want to scream. I wish my mind would go blank so I don't have to dwell on every little detail.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:freehug:

Perhaps Wildcat you could go for a walk in town on your own - that would get you away from them

3. Zeldcat

Zeldcat Member

That sounds really lovely and I wish I could do that but at the end of the day I'm still going to have to face them... Besides, if I went on a walk by myself I'd freak out about running into someone I know..

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Tell yourself "I do not have to give my power away to these people. I do not even need for them to have a positive/nice opinion of me, in order to live. If they don't like me, that is their business, it doesn't actually need to bother me" Coach yourself through it Zeldcat, by replacing your anxious thoughts with what is objectively true :)

5. Zeldcat

Zeldcat Member

Thank you I will definitely try this!

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

power to you!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.