Hello everyone,
I would like to seek your opinions on a matter. I am planning to share messages, I sent to someone and would appreciate your thoughts on it. I hope this does not violate the forum's policies. The messages are mine, and the recipient is unidentifiable. Some of you, with whom I've had conversations, know that I am here due to a recent relationship breakup. The entire story is a bit complicated, but the bottom line is that I am finding it extremely difficult to cope. It has been over four months now, and it continues to significantly impact my day-to-day life.
A few days ago, I decided to send a message to him requesting a farewell meeting. Over these four months, I reached out to him twice. The first time was after two months, with a simple 'how are you' text, and a few days later, I sent an email apologizing for the message. I also informed him that I would be visiting our team in the office (we used to work together) and offered to let him know the exact date so he could decide whether he wanted to be there. He never responded to any of these messages.
I informed my manager about my planned visit to say hello to the entire team, more so that she would let know the whole team including him know and it wouldn't come as a surprise to him. When I arrived at the office, without me asking, half of the team in separate conversations told me he was on vacation. This was two months ago, and I am still struggling. So, I sent him a message asking for one last meeting.
Here is the message:
"I hope you are well. I understand that you've made your decision, and I won't try to change it. However, I'm finding it challenging to move on. Would you be open to meeting with me? My intention is to say goodbye. I recall our conversation back in September, but I wasn't aware that it was intended to be our last one. After this meeting, I do not plan to bother you anymore. If you choose not to meet, a simple empty text response would be fine. I just want to know you have received and read my message."
Again, he never responded. Up until that point, there were faint hopes in me that he might still have some feelings for me, and I did not want to do anything that would extinguish that possibility. However, after receiving no response, I decided to cross the Rubicon and send him this message:
I want to believe that you are keeping your distance because something is even more challenging for you than it is for me. I truly believed you would be able to send me an empty text. What I hoped for was to have this last conversation with you and the opportunity to say goodbye, but it seems that it is not going to happen. I need to find closure, even though I am most likely sending this message into an empty space. I understood what you said: the basis was damaged, and discussing certain topics with you in my situation was ridiculous.
For the first two months, I missed you so much. The thoughts constantly spun in my head, and they still do. I am aware that, to you, you explained everything, and there is nothing more to say. Yet, we are all in separate and completely different universes, and I had to answer many questions for myself. I replay certain events over and over in my head. I needed to answer all the questions I had for myself. There are two questions, however, that are haunting me. It would mean a lot to me if you could answer them. Please know that there is a whole mass of different factors why I wanted to ask these questions, and this has to do much more with me than with you. Maybe one day you could answer them for me.
The first one is, I wanted to ask whether that night back in August (the last one) when you 'asked' me to come back with you to your place, did you already make your decision? I remember you stopped me several times to make sure that it was what I wanted to do. I also remember how many times you repeated that you wouldn't commit to anything.
The second question is, the day I came to the office back in November, did you ask the team to tell me you were on holiday? People told me that you were on holiday without me even asking, and it seemed a bit weird. I just wanted to know if I made a fool of myself.
I doubt this might be the case, but if you have now or will have in the future any questions for me, I am more than willing to answer them.
I wanted to add something more, although now I am probably going too far even for myself. Back in September, when I said you made the right decision, I said it because I fantasized that you wanted to help/'force' me to find out what I really want or come to the conclusion that is necessary if things have any chance to happen.
You probably think now, 'fucking hell, can she not leave me alone?' but every coin has two sides. The reverse side of the kindness you value in people so much, in my case, comes with being quite sensitive and having a high tendency for overthinking. I am sure you will get something better next time.
I really regret it came up this way. I wish I handled it a bit better.
Good night.
What are your thoughts on this message, guys? Spoiler alert: he responded just as I was typing this message. He finally responded to me, and in some sense, I wish I had sent the message like that a long time ago; it would have saved me a lot of suffering. I've been listening to people, therapists, and ChatGPT on how to respect his boundaries, ensuring that the message is not emotionally charged, or intrusive, and doesn't come across as too difficult to deal with, and I was sending blunt messages like the first one or like email where I appologise for sending the first text.
He answered my questions, but his tone was quite patronizing. He suggested that it would be best for me not to overthink what he has done or said and advised that the only thing I can do is try my best to move forward. Despite having a lengthy conversation, silly hopes arose in me again, but I managed to convey to him that advice was not what I needed from him. I expressed gratitude to him several times for his answers and the conversation, though.
Dear admin, please forgive me if this is not appropriate topic I will understand if you need to delete the post.
I would like to seek your opinions on a matter. I am planning to share messages, I sent to someone and would appreciate your thoughts on it. I hope this does not violate the forum's policies. The messages are mine, and the recipient is unidentifiable. Some of you, with whom I've had conversations, know that I am here due to a recent relationship breakup. The entire story is a bit complicated, but the bottom line is that I am finding it extremely difficult to cope. It has been over four months now, and it continues to significantly impact my day-to-day life.
A few days ago, I decided to send a message to him requesting a farewell meeting. Over these four months, I reached out to him twice. The first time was after two months, with a simple 'how are you' text, and a few days later, I sent an email apologizing for the message. I also informed him that I would be visiting our team in the office (we used to work together) and offered to let him know the exact date so he could decide whether he wanted to be there. He never responded to any of these messages.
I informed my manager about my planned visit to say hello to the entire team, more so that she would let know the whole team including him know and it wouldn't come as a surprise to him. When I arrived at the office, without me asking, half of the team in separate conversations told me he was on vacation. This was two months ago, and I am still struggling. So, I sent him a message asking for one last meeting.
Here is the message:
"I hope you are well. I understand that you've made your decision, and I won't try to change it. However, I'm finding it challenging to move on. Would you be open to meeting with me? My intention is to say goodbye. I recall our conversation back in September, but I wasn't aware that it was intended to be our last one. After this meeting, I do not plan to bother you anymore. If you choose not to meet, a simple empty text response would be fine. I just want to know you have received and read my message."
Again, he never responded. Up until that point, there were faint hopes in me that he might still have some feelings for me, and I did not want to do anything that would extinguish that possibility. However, after receiving no response, I decided to cross the Rubicon and send him this message:
I want to believe that you are keeping your distance because something is even more challenging for you than it is for me. I truly believed you would be able to send me an empty text. What I hoped for was to have this last conversation with you and the opportunity to say goodbye, but it seems that it is not going to happen. I need to find closure, even though I am most likely sending this message into an empty space. I understood what you said: the basis was damaged, and discussing certain topics with you in my situation was ridiculous.
For the first two months, I missed you so much. The thoughts constantly spun in my head, and they still do. I am aware that, to you, you explained everything, and there is nothing more to say. Yet, we are all in separate and completely different universes, and I had to answer many questions for myself. I replay certain events over and over in my head. I needed to answer all the questions I had for myself. There are two questions, however, that are haunting me. It would mean a lot to me if you could answer them. Please know that there is a whole mass of different factors why I wanted to ask these questions, and this has to do much more with me than with you. Maybe one day you could answer them for me.
The first one is, I wanted to ask whether that night back in August (the last one) when you 'asked' me to come back with you to your place, did you already make your decision? I remember you stopped me several times to make sure that it was what I wanted to do. I also remember how many times you repeated that you wouldn't commit to anything.
The second question is, the day I came to the office back in November, did you ask the team to tell me you were on holiday? People told me that you were on holiday without me even asking, and it seemed a bit weird. I just wanted to know if I made a fool of myself.
I doubt this might be the case, but if you have now or will have in the future any questions for me, I am more than willing to answer them.
I wanted to add something more, although now I am probably going too far even for myself. Back in September, when I said you made the right decision, I said it because I fantasized that you wanted to help/'force' me to find out what I really want or come to the conclusion that is necessary if things have any chance to happen.
You probably think now, 'fucking hell, can she not leave me alone?' but every coin has two sides. The reverse side of the kindness you value in people so much, in my case, comes with being quite sensitive and having a high tendency for overthinking. I am sure you will get something better next time.
I really regret it came up this way. I wish I handled it a bit better.
Good night.
What are your thoughts on this message, guys? Spoiler alert: he responded just as I was typing this message. He finally responded to me, and in some sense, I wish I had sent the message like that a long time ago; it would have saved me a lot of suffering. I've been listening to people, therapists, and ChatGPT on how to respect his boundaries, ensuring that the message is not emotionally charged, or intrusive, and doesn't come across as too difficult to deal with, and I was sending blunt messages like the first one or like email where I appologise for sending the first text.
He answered my questions, but his tone was quite patronizing. He suggested that it would be best for me not to overthink what he has done or said and advised that the only thing I can do is try my best to move forward. Despite having a lengthy conversation, silly hopes arose in me again, but I managed to convey to him that advice was not what I needed from him. I expressed gratitude to him several times for his answers and the conversation, though.
Dear admin, please forgive me if this is not appropriate topic I will understand if you need to delete the post.