Ideas & Opinions I watched Tiger King: now I feel normal

Hello! I struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. Recently, I binge watched Tiger King on Netflix. That documentary is entirely strange and most of the people and their lifestyles are bizarre. But after watching it, I felt like the most normal, stable, put-together person in the world! I know this is a bitchy comment to say that their strange stories made me feel better: it's that reverse comparison thing. We compare ourselves to friends on Instagram and feel down because their lives look amazing, yet Tiger King was the opposite (eurgh - that's so bitchy of me!). It was helpful at those people's expense.
I don't want to start a thread about your opinions on Tiger King and those people in the show, but rather, what weird reverse made you feel better in an unexpected way?

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Hello! I struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. Recently, I binge watched Tiger King on Netflix. That documentary is entirely strange and most of the people and their lifestyles are bizarre. But after watching it, I felt like the most normal, stable, put-together person in the world! I know this is a bitchy comment to say that their strange stories made me feel better: it's that reverse comparison thing. We compare ourselves to friends on Instagram and feel down because their lives look amazing, yet Tiger King was the opposite (eurgh - that's so bitchy of me!). It was helpful at those people's expense.
I don't want to start a thread about your opinions on Tiger King and those people in the show, but rather, what weird reverse made you feel better in an unexpected way?
HAHAHAHA! :) THIS IS SO SPOT ON... :D (AND SOUNDS PERFECTLY NORMAL, STABLE & HEALTHY - TO ME!) ;)
LAST THING I DID THIS WITH WAS THAT SUNSET REALITY SHOW WITH ALL THOSE EGOS IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
-HILARIOUS STUFF (EVEN IF THEY'RE JUST SOMEWHAT "PRETENDING," FOR TV. ;D

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Yeah, Yes - I definitely did. . . but I must admit, that-that one may not have been the best one to give an example of, because "sadly!" I admit to having an affinity for L. A. (types)! ;D -& so, in a way, I can feel strangely comfortable - or (more) "normal!" around these types of, oh i dunno what you might like to call them... "Plastics???" :D It was the show where they're all real estate agents, and many of them have boyfriends & husbands and whatnot, who are also "celebrities," so if you follow or catch those sorts of things in the entertainment sphere - you'll likely at least recognize some of the names / players / people. but definitely "roided-up," personalities for sure! And there was a definite established pattern (of semi-destructive behavior on the show), like cliques & things, and words spoken behind other girls' backs (which would always no doubt, make their way back to said intended target of topic of conversation/gossip!).
Then there'd be some sort of social gathering or function at work. Alcohol would be involved. And all "you-know-what" would break lose! ah- i love it. . :D

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00