I will not give up my dream to get help.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Young suicider, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

People have told me for awhile to get help and I know I should l, but by doing that I would not be to fullfil my dream.

I just can't.

Why give up the only thing that is pushing me and looking forward to?

It just doesn't make sense.

2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I hope a diagnosis of depression would not hold you back from joining the Marines at 17 or 18 if it has been fully resolved. Maybe your depression only requires therapy but it should be fully addressed and treated before you were to be in that branch of the U.S. armed forces.

The Marines bear the brunt of the combat and the trauma of conflicts. My brother was a Marine from the age of 17 to 23 and though he never saw conflict he lived through some terrible incidents and those were only in training or during maneuvers in Panama.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

get help get strong before such a decision not only your life on the lines but others who will depend on your stength get well okay first

4. Young suicider

I will never fully fix my problem till I'm atleast 18 and if I were to get help a lot of questions would rise about some past incidents that were "suicide attempts".Which are frowned on when trying the join the Army etc.

5. Young suicider

"Requirement #10 to become a Marine S/S"----NO record of mental illness...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.